Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to match with English Arm Sofa

Posted by minnetonkamari (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 19:43

Hello,
I have an English Arm Sofa in my Great Room. I want to freshen things a little, but the sofa is only 4 years old and I can't justify replacing it, plus it's beautiful and comfy. I want to replace the chairs in that room and give it a more updated and current look. I'd like to add chairs that aren't too traditional but not so modern that it looks silly and doesn't fit the style of our home which is very Hamptons, dark wood floors, lots of white mill work, very crisp and classic.

It's a very large room and the sofa is 104" long (custom made) and I want the chairs to be positioned directly across- chairs next to one another with a table between and facing the sofa.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you,
Mari

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to match with English Arm Sofa

Mari, sounds to me you already know what you want, just that your afraid what others may think of your selections. Dont worry as you are probably your biggest critic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here