Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leatthercraft sofa in catalin copper, hickory chair

Posted by sandyinva (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 24, 09 at 17:33

We have literally been looking for new family room furniture for a decade in ebbs and flows; finally made a decision to purchase a Leathercraft couch 2670 in catalina copper, we are also considering purchasing chairs from Hickory chair. Intially,this am, we liked the Hickory Chair couch we saw in the blue herringbone fabric, and accompanying chairs, and almost purchased it UNTIL the designer suggested leather. We have been stuck in a battle between leather and fabric for years, and when he suggested the Hancock Moore city sofa, it returned us to a Leathercraft sofa ( 2670) which we have considered off and on for the last year. Liked the H&M city sofa, but feel it is too big for our space, and for us, the LC was more comfortable, We will be going back to meet with the designer at the previous store, it was not our intention to purchase the LC sofa today, but size wise, it was a better choice for the room than the HCM.
I feel a little uncomfortable going back, now that we have ordered the other sofa, as I would have gone with anything that worked from this designer, but the first thing my husband said was after he suggested the City Sofa was let's compare it to the size of the Leathercraft.

So ultimately, since our decisions today have narrowed remaining options, is dependent upon quality for the chairs from Hickory Chair? My understanding is that Hickory chair remains a reliable source????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leatthercraft sofa in catalin copper, hickory chair

I am thinking of a Leathercraft sofa as well. I loved the 2670 but sadly my room is really narrow and it would look too big. going down a size to 929-00. are you happy with your sofa? it is hard here in NY to find a store that sells good furniture and I would love input from someone that has one. HCM I love but their sofas are really tall and deep...

o
RE: Leatthercraft sofa in catalin copper, hickory chair

You definitely want to stay away from Catalin. My chair came and I keep it away from any guests that may have children and definitely animals the leather is easy torn so you have to protect my husband is using it for an office chair. We are going shopping in the next few weeks but will not think of Leathercraft to bad quality!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here