Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Patio Furniture Good For Laptop Use?

Posted by jaxo (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 16:47

I'd like to be able to sit out on the patio under an umbrella and use a laptop to do work or just surf the web. The usable patio area where I want to set the furniture is quite small. About 9 feet by 12 feet.
I tried sitting in small patio dining sets and bistro sets at a couple stores and imagined typing on a laptop from that position and they all seemed awkward. The tables are a bit high and far away and chairs too low to use the keyboard comfortably.
I think the only laptop use that would be OK with that setup would be just setting the laptop on the table and sitting back to watch something on Netflix. Typing would be awkward.

What's the best type of furniture for laptop use?
Maybe a pair of chaise lounges and just put the laptop on my lap and have a small side table in between them to set drinks or something else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Patio Furniture Good For Laptop Use?

I would assume the chairs have arms, if so I have used a board long enough to rest on each arm of the chair, and wide enough to set a laptop on.

o

If I can find something like that I'll consider it.

I also thought of getting a "Table Mate," but they are all so cheap and tacky looking. "As seen on TV."
I couldn't leave them outside even if I wanted to because they are not intended to be outdoors (rust and fade from weather) so I would have to keep lugging it back and forth out to the uncovered patio whenever I wanted to use it..

Carrying a small tray that fits on the chair arms wouldn't be that bad if I can find something like that and I wouldn't really care about the looks of it since it isn't furniture.

o

SVARTÅSEN, Laptop stand, white from IKEA. Adjustable height.

$21.99 White or Black

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA Table

o

That looks like it could be an alternative to the Table Mate, but I still would like to find something weatherproof that could be just left outside all the time and maybe double as a small dining or bistro table.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here