Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cagnew_gw

Sectional Sofas

CAgnew
11 years ago

I've been searching for a durable, affordable, new leather sectional sofa. I don't care if it is a loveseat or sofa sectional but I'm just trying to price/quality compare. Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks!

Comments (9)

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

We have been happy with our FlexSteel sectional.
    We were very unhappy with Norwalk.

• PeterRB
    11 years ago

LuAnn, May I ask about your dissatisfaction with Norwalk? We are just looking at one and would like to hear of your experience.
    Thanks
    Peter

• freethinker99
    11 years ago

Both FlexSteel and Norwalk make good quality products.

LuAnn's comments that she is unhappy with Norwalk seems unfounded. What is the basis of this statement.

Quite frankly the two products are rather similar both use kiln dried hardwood plywood frames.

Flexsteel uses and features their "U" shaped Flexolator spring.

With Norwalk it's all about their cushions using a high quality Qualux foam cushion as standard with down and spring and down cushion upgrades available. Norwalk also has a huge selection of fabrics featuring over 850 fabrics.

The tailoring of each company and the price range are similar.

Really you couldn't go wrong with either company in their price range.

Again not the top of the line quality and construction wise but you could do a lot worse.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

"LuAnn's comments that she is unhappy with Norwalk seems unfounded. "

And what do YOU know of my dealing with this company? Nothing!
    What a joke of a comment!

Our Norwalk sectional had foam that failed. The company refused to replace it.
    Our Norwalk sectional has PLASTIC welting that wore through the fabric. The company refuse to replace it.

• freethinker99
    11 years ago

LuAnn you made a random comment with no explantion. You should return to your retailer regarding the foam and welting. As a rule I think Norwalk has a lifetime warranty on their foam cushions and may have a one year warranty of their fabric. Where did the foam fail? Was it the cushions? It also isn't that unusual to have a plastic core within the welt. It's preferable to use a cotton based core inside the welt. This type of core looks like an old clothesline. Had you applied a anything to the fabric which may have contributed to the failure of the fabric around the welt. In any event return to your retailer and see what they might do if it hasn't been too long a period of time.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    11 years ago

I did... and the local store got so fed up with how Norwalk handled my problem that they quit selling the product.

Apparently they had some minor issues with Norwalk before. My well-documented conversations with them were the last straw.
    Norwalk gave me inferior product; Norwalk did not honor the written warranty. And that's all I'll say about that.

OP, sorry that Freethinker99 hijacked your thread!

• clt3
    11 years ago

My son also had a Norwalk couch with hard plastic welting that wore through. The welting was also not cut on the bias which caused it to look rippled. I believe the couch was 6 years old, but was in storage for 2 years. They recently had it reupholstered and the reupholsterer did not understand the use of plastic welting. I, too, would expect a $1400 couch to last more than 4 years.

• CharlotteHome
    11 years ago

I would go for top grain leather. Don't do any reconstructed or second rate. How much are you thinking of spending? Also do you like modern or not modern? I am a int. designer and I am happy to send a long a list of sectionals my clients think are great.

• ShelleyDN
    11 years ago

Mine is a sectional futon type of sofa with an adjustable back. No plastic welting and is newly upholstered. I bought it from Easy Home Concepts at a reasonable price. You may want to check them out.

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions