Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phronesis_gw

Dining table legs?

Phronesis
10 years ago

So, I've purchased a 10' church pew to use for my dining room table which is being built. It's 10' from the outside of the one armrest to the outside of the other.

I'm having a dining table built by the same person who made all my cabinetry.

I'm thinking of having the dining room table be longer (by a foot) than the pew (though could be convinced to go shorter).

So, the big question is what kind of legs. A key piece of this decision is that the table will have to be move up against the pew when not in use (so that the edge of the table is flush with the back of the pew ��ie. where one's back would be resting when sitting on the pew).

I had been thinking pedestal legs because that'd make it easier to scootch the table over but now that I'm thinking of going longer (I had, originally, been thinking of a 9' table) I think I could get legs on each corner and have the table legs, when pushed in, be on the outside of the edge of the pew.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? At this particular moment I'm still leaning toward pedestal legs (3 probably) but could be easily made to question my own opinion if someone were to offer an opinion in an even slightly authoritative way.

Many thanks!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus