Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
antique Globe drinks cabinet

Posted by serafox (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 26, 11 at 15:50

antique original Globe drinks cabinet apparently very rare, is this true? Am I going to drive myself mad looking for an original?

If you know the answer to the above question, would you kindly let me know please.. I've searched high and low for one on the internet and getting replica's only..

a) is a replica like for like with solid wood base and printed picture going to look good..I'm not sure

b) where am I able to get an original from? (in UK)
PLEASE HELP

Many thanks in anticipation :o)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: antique Globe drinks cabinet

Globe drinks cabinets are not antique....never were...unless you call 1940 antique.....and even then they are rare.
What may be antique is an old floor globe.....then some time in the nor so distant past, someone got the idea to hide a bar in the globe and put that in an office or den so the "bar" would not be so obvious.\
If you are looking for an attractive way to hide a bar....think of an antique tantalus.

Here is a link that might be useful: tantalus

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here