Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pricing Used Furniture

Posted by Gossie (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 15:49

Hello-

I am trying to get rid of a bed that we have. (We just bought a home and the bedrooms are much smaller than while we were renting.)

It is a queen sized sleigh bed, carved, solid oak. I know that oak isn't exactly in style these days, but we live in Amish country where everyone decorates with country decor. (Not really my style, but that's just what people do around here.)

We didn't purchase the bed ourselves. It was a gift. I don't know if it's any particular brand, but it seems to be good quality and very sturdy. I have NO idea how much I should ask for it. While I would, of course, love to make as much as possible, I also realize that may not be much!

Does anyone have any idea how much these would cost? I tried searching Ebay & Craigslist, but I didn't see much that was comparable. The ones I did see seemed over priced to me, but maybe I'm underestimating it's worth?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any input!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pricing Used Furniture

If you really want to sell it, list it high on CL so you have room to come down. I never pay the asking price and feel most people don't, especially on CL.

If it's heavy, and solid, you might want to start at $700. It's all about how much someone is willing to spend and if they like it. The area(city)you live in may also determine the price.

o
RE: Pricing Used Furniture

Look on google images to find one similar. There probably will be a price posted for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here