Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cormer beds w/parsons table

Posted by wormtongue (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 1, 08 at 14:25

I am looking for the exact same corner bed units as a former poster (in 3/2007). Her description is as follows:

"I am dating myself here, but does anyone remember a type of twin bed set that was very popular about 35 years ago? Actually, it was two twin beds and a Parsons table that fit in a corner. The beds were each a mattress on top of an upholstered box spring platform that was on heavy duty caster wheels.
The square table would fit into the corner of the room, one bed would slide into the corner between the table legs and the other bed would rest against the other side of the table. The whole was an "L" shape arrangement that functioned like sofa or studio daybeds with bolsters. They were easily arranged to make two twin beds for guests, etc, because you could pull them out on their casters. These were popular in beach houses, guest rooms and teen rooms.

I would love to find this set up for my guest room. It keeps the beds out of the way until needed, but does not require popping up or pulling out a trundle, neither of which I consider desireable for elderly guests. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated".
I also would appreciate any leads on locating these corner units.

Thank you,

Don

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cormer beds w/parsons table

I seem to recall an ad several months ago for Rooms-to-Go that had a picture of something like this set-up in the kids & teens section. It appeared to have denim upholstery on the base and ends of the beds.

Your post reminds me of a childhood friend's room; she had one of these arrangements with a white corner table and aqua fitted daybed covers & bolsters. If you cannot locate exactly what you want, could you create a reasonable copy? I'm wondering if you could put glides on the bottom of a simple metal twin bed frame, cover the beds with fitted daybed covers and use matching wedge bolsters (they're still sold at JCP). The tough part would be finding a square table to cut down that would have about 40" of clearance (width) underneath. If you're at all handy, you could either build a simple table to the exact dimensions needed or adapt one.

Consider that the space savings is only 40" or so along one wall. If you have the wall space, you may find it easier to use a square table (38" - 42") and two Hollywood bed frames with the tailored covers & wedge bolsters, and skip moving the one bed in and out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here