Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
office furniture for public spaces

Posted by oicu812 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 11 at 13:14

Does anyone know of any office furniture that would function well in a family room, or master bedroom?

Our office furniture (desk/hutch, lateral file, bookcase) is currently occupying an upstairs bedroom, which must now be used as a bedroom. In order to do so, we need to relocate our office somehow. There's no other dedicated room to use as an office, and we think our current furniture would either not fit or be grossly out of place in another room.

Ideas?

We looked at a computer armoire, but that's more bulky than what we're looking for.

Is there any compact, functional, home office pieces designed to stealthily blend into an MBR or fam rm?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: office furniture for Family Room or MBR

Just wanted to update. Spent a crazy Saturday last weekend going to ~7 different furniture stores in a 40 or 50 mile circle.

Found some good candidates. These two are sort what we were thinking. They have the file space we need but won't look out of place in a family room. (And if we ever move to a larger home, they could go back into an office)

From Martin Furniture, Kathy Ireland Home, Tribeca Loft Collection:

If anyone's seen similar goods from another manufacturer, please let me know. Thanks!

o
RE: office furniture for public spaces

I would check www.ikea.com They have a lot of furniture that would look good in an office and other rooms in your house. I personally like their red leather couches.

Here is a link that might be useful: IKEA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here