Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whiteycat

Help! Finished or aniline leather for 2 new BY recliners?

whiteycat
9 years ago

I need help, fellow furniture forum members!! :) I am about to order 2 Bradington Young Alta recliners and cannot figure out if I should get finished leather or aniline?

I love the softness and suppleness of the aniline, but when I stretch the sample to see how it will look on the chair, it gets lighter. Not sure I like that about it. I guess that is called a "pull-up" effect.

I like the color (a little darker brown) of the finished leather sample. But I can tell it was "painted" with lighter and darker pigments to make it look natural. But it does not stretch or get lighter when I mess around with it.

I realize that the finished leather has a protective coating on it, which helps it resist stains and fading. So I am leaning that way.

What do some of you recommend in your experiences? it is just me and my husband, no kids or dogs. (cats but they don't get up on the chairs.)

One more question - our 5 year old Lane leather recliners are fading on the arms where our hands rest. It is a finished leather. Does this happen to all finished leathers or just cheap ones from China??????? (This is what is scaring me about using a finished leather.)

THANKS FOR ANY HELP ON THIS!!!!

Fyi - finished leather is Omega Driftwood. Aniline is Montana Stormy Weather,

Ginny

Comments (3)