Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the best furniture sale?

Posted by esrade (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 12, 11 at 10:49

My husband and I are looking to get a few pieces of furniture but there is not an immediate need. Because this is a fairly major purchase, I don't mind waiting a few months for a good sale. Does anyone know if there is a particular sale that I should wait for?

Just wondering if there is some general industry knowledge, like "wait for ____ because that's when the year's lines turn over and they put a bunch of stuff on clearance". OR if someone knows a particular furniture store has their best sale of the year on Labor Day or whenever.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the best furniture sale?

In general, major holidays are best - around 30% off.

Right now, most manufacturers have reset their floors with new merchandise from the Spring Market. Floor sample sales are usually around August & February to make way for new styles that will come from Market in April & October. HOWEVER, manufacturers will usually have a price increase of about 4% in January & June, so waiting won't necessarily save you much money when price increases hit.

~Jeana

o

"What is the best furniture sale?"

When Stickley puts their things 45 - 55% off...

o

No way I would buy furniture sight unseen online... especially seating pieces.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here