Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arhaus furniture

Posted by mrslee (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 16, 06 at 10:33

HI,

Does anyone have any ideas on getting discounts at Arhaus furniture? Or does anyone know of any similar quality furniture....specifically leather sectionals?
Thanks,
Jeanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arhaus furniture

We recently bought a couch, leather chair and ottoman from Arhaus. They were having a promotion when I placed the order (end of May) where you received a $100 gift card to use in the store for every $1000 you spent (it came ~2 weeks after the furniture was delivered) so now I have $600 to spend there at some point. There is also an online c/s satisfation survey reagarding the actual delivery, and when you complete it you get 5% off your next purchase if you buy in the next 60 days. They have a mailing list on their WEBsite (would be great if it was for coupons!) but I don't think I have ever received any mail from them.

Good Luck, we love our new furniture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I too, am interested in Arhaus, especially the copper top dining table or stone top.

Their prices are quite high (I think). Can anyone talk to their quality, or suggest other vendors who have the same look...especially the copper!!!
Thanks

o

I agree that the prices are somewhat high but the quality is there as well.
(I sat on a LOT of sofas before I bought the Arhaus one!)
The couch and leather chair were my first purchase from them but I am considering this dining table too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Has anyone bought the Wheatside dining chairs from Arhaus? I love the looks of them in the yellow finish, but I would also like to find them at a lower price.

o

Arhaus quality and customer service is disappointing. We have purchased several items dating back to 2005. One of those purchases was the Arabesque Dining Set, which was a little expensive, but we thought the quality was good and we thought the Arhaus lifetime warranty was valuable. We were wrong on both counts. The table split at the seams despite meticulous care. Arhaus agrees that the table TOP is defective and unrepairable, but since they have discontinued the oak table top, tells us we would have to pay another $1200 for a new copper one. After 6 months of fighting with customer service, it appears our choices are to pay them another $1200 and pray nothing goes wrong with the next table top or eat our original $3200. If you are buying anything big, I would suggest avoiding Arhaus.

o

That's crappy. Is this consistent with the wording of the warranty? If not, did you file a report with BBB?

o

I am experiencing bad customer service also. They do not stand behind their products. We received the duluth sectional and it was not the same as the store. The comfort level was terrible and also had a chemical smell. We will be fighting in court because they are charging us 33% of the piece.

DON"t do business with AR-Scam

o

This is a follow-up to my earlier post. mogator88: I have never filed with the BBB and had not considered that - not a bad idea, though. To close our saga, we reached a compromise with Arhaus: they refunded us for the price of top (not the entire table, just the top) and will allow us to keep it while we look for someone to custom build us a new one. Yes, that is VERY expensive, but Arhaus flat out refused to replace our defective oak top with a copper top, and since the oak top has been discontinued, I'm not sure we had another choice.

To add insult to injury, a tea table we bought at Arhaus is now beginning to split as well. I'm just not sure I'm up for another fight.

o

Here's my opinion. The BBB is not the best source for a complaint, as they are there to attempt to resolve issues on behalf of the membership (the stores). If Arhaus is not a member of the BBB, then there is no point to it. Also, the BBB lacks teeth, its a paper tiger.

If you really want to go after a store, the most surefire way is to sue them. States Attorney's offices might keep a complaint list, but the amounts are piddling for them and they won't take action unless there is an avalanche of complaints on a particular merchant.

Small Claims Court is wonderfully effective however. First of all, no attorneys are involved so costs to pursue are minimal, usually just a filing fee. Judges tend to be consumer-oriented as well. But chances are you will never see the courtroom, as most stores would loathe to go into a courtroom and will settle with you. Tts bad press to get taken to court and stood up in front of a couple hundred people over some furniture.

If you file against a corporation, you have to name the Registered Agent in the suit (the legal recipient for the corporation). You get that from the State Corporation Commission, its a matter of public record. One you get that Registered Agent name and address, send them a letter before filing telling them of your intent. They know that if you went to the trouble to find and locate the Registered Agent, you're serious. For larger corporations, it will typically be an attorney on retainer. He bills out at about $ 200 per hour, so what do you think he's going to recommend on an item that costs the store a few hundred bucks? "Settle with the customer and don't waste by time for small change". And then your problem will be resolved in most cases. If not, take them into Court and you can really watch them squirm.

Duane Collie

o

I agree with Duane. If you have a friend who is an attorney, sometimes just a firm letter from an attorney will do the trick. It is often not worth a businesses' time, energy and finances to go through litigation. Much less the bad press from it. Don't rant and rave. Just an honest letter outlining exactly what remedy you want (I want the full cost of the piece refunded, I want a new table top for no additional charge, etc). But, be clear that if you do not reach a favorable resolution within a certain time period (specify the time period), you will be filing suit. Lastly, make sure to send ALL correspondence via certified mail/return receipt requested. That way they can't say that they never received the letter. Keep copies of all correspondence.

Hope this helps!
Jill

o

We ordered a leather recliner. When the estimated delivery date was not going to be met, the company called us and gave us a $200 credit. The chair was delivered after about 100 days and was in great condition. We would shop at this store again.

o

This is a really old thread but I was curious about what alicatafraid said. We also bought a sectional from Arhaus, perhaps a10 months ago at this point. We loved it in the store, but since having it home, we've noticed that it seemed less comfortable then we remembered. Fast forward to yesterday and I was near their store so i decided to go in. They still had the sectional in the showroom so naturally I plopped down on it. It was still incredible, and still NOTHING like the new one we have at home...

I'm going to contact them and see if we can resolve this...

Also, their customer service is truly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The delivery was delayed several times and each person told a different story...Ugh.

o

This is a really old thread but I was curious about what alicatafraid said. We also bought a sectional from Arhaus, perhaps a10 months ago at this point. We loved it in the store, but since having it home, we've noticed that it seemed less comfortable then we remembered. Fast forward to yesterday and I was near their store so i decided to go in. They still had the sectional in the showroom so naturally I plopped down on it. It was still incredible, and still NOTHING like the new one we have at home...

I'm going to contact them and see if we can resolve this...

Also, their customer service is truly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The delivery was delayed several times and each person told a different story...Ugh.

o

Arhaus quality and customer service is very good. We have purchased several products like dining tables, dining chairs and bar tables.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here