Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrslee_gw

Arhaus furniture

mrslee
17 years ago

HI,

Does anyone have any ideas on getting discounts at Arhaus furniture? Or does anyone know of any similar quality furniture....specifically leather sectionals?

Thanks,

Jeanne

Comments (15)

• laura1202
    17 years ago

We recently bought a couch, leather chair and ottoman from Arhaus. They were having a promotion when I placed the order (end of May) where you received a $100 gift card to use in the store for every $1000 you spent (it came ~2 weeks after the furniture was delivered) so now I have $600 to spend there at some point. There is also an online c/s satisfation survey reagarding the actual delivery, and when you complete it you get 5% off your next purchase if you buy in the next 60 days. They have a mailing list on their WEBsite (would be great if it was for coupons!) but I don't think I have ever received any mail from them.

Good Luck, we love our new furniture.

• Slitherpuss
    17 years ago

I too, am interested in Arhaus, especially the copper top dining table or stone top.

Their prices are quite high (I think). Can anyone talk to their quality, or suggest other vendors who have the same look...especially the copper!!!
    Thanks

• laura1202
    17 years ago

I agree that the prices are somewhat high but the quality is there as well.
    (I sat on a LOT of sofas before I bought the Arhaus one!)
    The couch and leather chair were my first purchase from them but I am considering this dining table too.

• jude_2007
    17 years ago

Has anyone bought the Wheatside dining chairs from Arhaus? I love the looks of them in the yellow finish, but I would also like to find them at a lower price.

• bradw1059_gmail_com
    16 years ago

Arhaus quality and customer service is disappointing. We have purchased several items dating back to 2005. One of those purchases was the Arabesque Dining Set, which was a little expensive, but we thought the quality was good and we thought the Arhaus lifetime warranty was valuable. We were wrong on both counts. The table split at the seams despite meticulous care. Arhaus agrees that the table TOP is defective and unrepairable, but since they have discontinued the oak table top, tells us we would have to pay another $1200 for a new copper one. After 6 months of fighting with customer service, it appears our choices are to pay them another $1200 and pray nothing goes wrong with the next table top or eat our original $3200. If you are buying anything big, I would suggest avoiding Arhaus.

• mogator88
    16 years ago

That's crappy. Is this consistent with the wording of the warranty? If not, did you file a report with BBB?

• alicatafraid
    16 years ago

I am experiencing bad customer service also. They do not stand behind their products. We received the duluth sectional and it was not the same as the store. The comfort level was terrible and also had a chemical smell. We will be fighting in court because they are charging us 33% of the piece.

DON"t do business with AR-Scam

• bradw1059_gmail_com
    15 years ago

This is a follow-up to my earlier post. mogator88: I have never filed with the BBB and had not considered that - not a bad idea, though. To close our saga, we reached a compromise with Arhaus: they refunded us for the price of top (not the entire table, just the top) and will allow us to keep it while we look for someone to custom build us a new one. Yes, that is VERY expensive, but Arhaus flat out refused to replace our defective oak top with a copper top, and since the oak top has been discontinued, I'm not sure we had another choice.

To add insult to injury, a tea table we bought at Arhaus is now beginning to split as well. I'm just not sure I'm up for another fight.

• alintoff4
    15 years ago

I agree with Duane. If you have a friend who is an attorney, sometimes just a firm letter from an attorney will do the trick. It is often not worth a businesses' time, energy and finances to go through litigation. Much less the bad press from it. Don't rant and rave. Just an honest letter outlining exactly what remedy you want (I want the full cost of the piece refunded, I want a new table top for no additional charge, etc). But, be clear that if you do not reach a favorable resolution within a certain time period (specify the time period), you will be filing suit. Lastly, make sure to send ALL correspondence via certified mail/return receipt requested. That way they can't say that they never received the letter. Keep copies of all correspondence.

Hope this helps!
    Jill

• arykal1_juno_com
    13 years ago

We ordered a leather recliner. When the estimated delivery date was not going to be met, the company called us and gave us a $200 credit. The chair was delivered after about 100 days and was in great condition. We would shop at this store again.

• TB151
    10 years ago

This is a really old thread but I was curious about what alicatafraid said. We also bought a sectional from Arhaus, perhaps a10 months ago at this point. We loved it in the store, but since having it home, we've noticed that it seemed less comfortable then we remembered. Fast forward to yesterday and I was near their store so i decided to go in. They still had the sectional in the showroom so naturally I plopped down on it. It was still incredible, and still NOTHING like the new one we have at home...

I'm going to contact them and see if we can resolve this...

Also, their customer service is truly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The delivery was delayed several times and each person told a different story...Ugh.

• TB151
    10 years ago

This is a really old thread but I was curious about what alicatafraid said. We also bought a sectional from Arhaus, perhaps a10 months ago at this point. We loved it in the store, but since having it home, we've noticed that it seemed less comfortable then we remembered. Fast forward to yesterday and I was near their store so i decided to go in. They still had the sectional in the showroom so naturally I plopped down on it. It was still incredible, and still NOTHING like the new one we have at home...

I'm going to contact them and see if we can resolve this...

Also, their customer service is truly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The delivery was delayed several times and each person told a different story...Ugh.

• royalt4
    8 years ago

I know this an old thread but it still lives so... A few years back, (when this thread was more current), we went to their local store on a whim because we saw the sale sign outside and thought we would take a look around. We ended up finding a TV console that we really liked. We checked the price. Funny thing, there were 2 price tags on it. One was the sale price and the other normal non sale price. Even funnier, the "sale" price was higher!

We asked the sales associate which was the proper price. She had to check with her manager. After a few minutes the manager came back and explained that the lower price was an old tag and should have been removed. She never explained why the sale price was higher. We told her we wanted to buy it but we would only pay the lower price and the manager honored it. The console has been great, it's solidly constructed and we've had no problems.

We won't shop Arhaus again because of their shady pricing tactics. The lesson - Beware of their sales. They hype it up to get you interested but unless you are checking every week, you won't know if you are actually getting a discount.

• George Hermina
    11 months ago

We ordered a sectional in October of 2022. We received part of the sectional but have yet to receive the rest. We contacted Arhaus but were told the piece had yet to be manufactured. It is now seven (7) months later, and when I call customer service, they keep me on hold and either tell me nothing or hang up in the middle of the call as if it dropped.

After I filed a BBB complaint, I received a call saying that the delay was because they had to send us a piece of material for our approval of the color. Think of how ridiculous this is. They gave you part of the couch, and they say they are waiting for our permission to color the connecting piece of the couch. What? I am going to get a different color for the connecting portion. Anyway, they can't get their stories straight. The other customer service says that the piece still needs to be manufactured. Now they are offering to refund the cost of the connecting portion, which renders the other two pieces useless. I swear that I had better customer service at Walmart. This was an $8K+ couch.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County