Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colormetawny

Ashley Bedroom Furniture

colormetawny
14 years ago

If you have purchased Ashley bedroom furniture, how well it has held up? Also, does anyone know the difference between their millenium and signature lines? Is anyone familiar with furniture sale cycles?

Thanks,

Tawny

Comments (4)

• laney250
    14 years ago

I was just passing through this forum. I usually watch the decorating forum. Not sure if this helps or not. We purchased a Queen platform bed which has a sleigh headboard (approximately 5 feet tall), from the Ashley Outlet Store about 2 years ago for our DD who is 10.
    We are military, it made it through our move that consisted of getting it down a narrow 2 story staircase, half way across the U.S., downloaded off original truck, put into temporary storage, loaded back on a truck and delivered to her new upstairs bedroom. Did not receive one scratch on it. It is very sturdy, it seconds as a guest room when company comes. Not sure the name of the bedstyle since it was purchased at the outlet center I assume it was a discontinued style.

We are very happy with it.

• gideonsmom
    14 years ago

Our bedroom furniture is from Ashley. We got it about 5 years ago and its held up very well. No problems at all.

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    14 years ago

Especially in bedroom sets the Millennium line is heavier furniture. Signature has "print" or particle board sets and "solid wood" sets also. Some of the Signature "print" sets are of excellent quality for the money.

I'm partial to the Millennium sets with the roller bearing drawer guides. reminds me of high quality tool boxes lol.

Don't expect any of it to be carved directly from a cherry tree. That just isn't how its done. Heck, I've just refinished a 40 year old Broyhill Premier set. Had to pop the plastic "carvings" off the front of the drawers. Bought real wood carvings on the cheap from Lowes. It's soo hard to stain plastic I can't see how they could save that much money using it but they (furniture makers) do.

• xine
    13 years ago

I have some Ashley bedroom furniture, but consider it to be "disposable" furniture. I don't expect it to last that long. In general it's poorly constructed, without many of the nicer features that you would find in better quality furniture (hardwood solids, wood veneers, etc.). The bed frame cracked when it was moved just a few inches, but my husband was able to glue it back together. The finish scratches easily. We have a media dresser and the center of the piece sags with the weight of a 27" tv on it. The center of the top of the man's chest of drawers also sags, making it difficult to open the top drawer.

We made the mistake of buying this furniture for our guest room, thinking that because it wouldn't get much use it didn't need to be expensive and as high of quality as we usually buy (think Ethan Allen, Thomasville, Flexsteel, Sherrill, Bassett, etc.) -- WRONG! What a waste of money! We should have just paid more to begin with.

I don't consider getting 5 or 10 years out of a piece of casegood furniture like a bedroom suite to be a "good deal." I would expect it to last 25+ years. I just bought a 1963 Drexel Heritage triple dresser for my daughter. It's solid as a rock with high quality construction. I paid $250 for it at an antique store.

I bought my other bedroom set from Ethan Allen 20 years ago (sleigh bed, armoire, dresser) and it still looks brand new.