Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desk is too short - can I raise it?

Posted by Janice742 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 9:51

We found the perfect desk for our office --

(believe it or not - it was out for trash - and turns out to be a Jens Risom 1960's MCM executive desk)

With the exception of having to replace the leather top and fix one of the sliders on a drawer, it's in really good condition.

So now it's in my office and it is about an inch too short. Is there a product out there - (table leg feet perhaps?) that we can screw into the legs to raise it up?

My back is killing me! And our office chair is lowered to the lowest position.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desk is too short - can I raise it?

If the feet can't be seen, just put it up on four bricks.

Or maybe a new chair is the solution!

o

Feet can be seen - the desk floats in the middle of the room....

Really want to focus on the desk and not the chair.

o

Sure you can.. A few ways is to mount the feet to a flat wood board then add new legs to that. Or if you can mount casters to the bottom of the feet this will raise it a few inches and allow it to be moved around easily for cleaning. I did this to a repurposed dresser to convert it to an entertainment/storage center.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here