Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good furniture stores in MA and NH?

Posted by karnog (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 21, 08 at 7:27

I am in the market to furnish a new house (yikes!) I am interested in stores that have traditional styles in the mid to high end range. The house is in northern Massachusetts so locations of stores within reasonable driving range of that would be great.

Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good furniture stores in MA and NH?

Your very best bet is to go to the Furniture outlets in Gardner MA. Especially LaChance furniture. I just bought several nice pieces from them and their service is excellent and they sell quality brands. Another option if you are looking for Leather is Currier Leather in Portsmith NH. Excellent prices, and no tax if you pick it up yourself.

o

Thanks for those suggestions. We will likely get at least a leather chair and I had forgotten about Gardner having several furniture outlets.

o

Yes we found that the trip to Gardner and to NH was well worth it after checking out the regular furniture stores.
Currier Leather is actually in Hampton Falls, NH. Here is a link to it.
As for Gardner, all the outlets had some interesting things but LaChance stood out for merchandise, quality, service and professionalism.

Here is a link that might be useful: Currier Leather

o

Thank you again, and for the link as well.

Anyone who knows of any other good furniture stores in the area please let me know. We are looking for traditional styles.

So far we have been to Jordan's (Reading), Eggers (Middleboro), Cardi's (Braintree), Ethan Allen (Saugus), Marty's (Melrose) and a few others I can't think of right now.

We have avoided Ikea, Bernie & Phyl's, Bob's and any other lower end or contemporary style stores since we really want quality furniture that will last.

o

If you want the top brands, you want to go to Cabot House. < ahref="http://cabothouse.com/content/view/18/43/">There are many locations in MA and one in Portsmouth, NH. I have been to the Natick and Burlington locations and Natick was the larger of the two.

Cabot's carried Century, Hendedon, Hickory Chair, Baker, etc. when I lived up there (1995-2005). I used to go there just to look and dream about the day when I could buy what they had!

It is located right near Jordan's Furniture, which aways made me laugh. Jordan's is very gimicky and a little cheesey. Cabot's is a stark contrast.

Very close to Cabot is a Stickly store. It's on Speen Street in Natick.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabot House Furniture

o

Isn't Cabot House the same as Ethan Allen?

o

I'd try Hubbingtons in Barrington. We bought Simply Amish from them and I think they carry Harden, too. Their prices seem very good! We bought all our furniture from them. I'm pretty sure they have a website.

o

Also check out Winchendon furniture when you're up in the Gardener area. And if you want really high end, there's always Thomas Moser. Some of Crate and Barrel's furniture is nice. I think that there's a Pierre Deux in Boston on Newbury Street as well as a Mitchell Gold on Berkeley Street.

seagrass

o

I don't know if you ever bought furniture online, but I just did and was pleased with the service I got at MyNewFurnitureStore.com.

For big purchases you can also save a lot of money with tax free purchases...as long as you're not from Illinois.

I would recommend this Furniture Store.

Here is a link that might be useful: My New Furniture Store

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here