Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulacat_gw

modern-seating.com

paulacat
13 years ago

Has anyone had experience with this company? I ordered an Ekornes Stressless chair from them the first of September, and while my credit card was charged the day I ordered, the delivery date has been extended twice. The website indicated that chairs usually shipped within a few days, but now they're saying THEY will get the chair around 12/21 and I will get it 2-3 weeks after that. I'm getting a little nervous (AND I WANT MY CHAIR. : )))

Comments (3)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

I think I would be very temped to tell them to just cancel and have them send you an email stating the order was cancelled. I would then call the credit card company and tell them about it and send them a copy of the email. It will take a while (I'm thinking 4-6 weeks) for modern-seating to issue the credit. If it doesn't show up in that amount of time, or whatever time the credit card specifies, then the credit card company will issue the refund and bill them for the amount. Then you will be free to try and order elsewhere.

I see the Ekornes Stressless chair is available from numerous places. It 'does' look very comfy.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Ekornes Stressless chair

• pattycronin
    13 years ago

Hello, Paula.

We just noticed your comment, and thought we should reply. I'm one of the managers at Modern-Seating.com

I'm very sorry about the delay in your order. Many of our customers have experienced similar delays, and it's frustrating for all of us. The reason is that the manufacturer of Stressless recliners (Ekornes) was unprepared for the overwhelming response to this promotion, where the Consul chairs were discounted 30%. They didn't anticipate the number of recliners needed, so all Consuls are now being shipped from Norway. Although Ekornes is working to fulfill its orders, this delay has affected retailers around the country.

When we received your order, we were under the impression the chair would be available in 2-3 weeks. Our policy is to charge customers upfront for short lead time orders, like this. For longer lead times, we bill 25% upfront, and 75% on delivery.

When we learned of the delay, we emailed you on 9/30, and then left voicemail messages on 10/1 and 10/2. Under these circumstances, we'd be happy to refund your order in full and charge you when the chair ships. And of course, we understand if you wish to cancel your order.

Again, I'm sorry for this unanticipated delay.

Warm regards,
    Patty

Here is a link that might be useful: Modern Seating

• dogitnice
    13 years ago

Sounds like Modern Seating got the message. It is against the law in New York State to bill prior to shipping except on custom orders where a percentage is billed. Do not know if this law applies nationwide or is a New York State regulation.

For your knowledge, in the future take the complaint (disputed charge) directly to your credit card company ASAP and they will temporarily remove it from your statement until they complete an investigation. If you do not agree with the outcome of the investigation you can ask to speak with a supervisor, etc. Credit cards should be used as a protection against fraud, etc. Hope that they have credited you as they should.