Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Recommended Weatherproof Outdoor Furniture?

jaxo
10 years ago

I'm looking for just a few pieces of furniture for a small patio.
Maybe one chaise lounge and a either a bistro set or a small table with 2 chairs.

I can't find anything I like locally and most stores have taken patio furniture away from stock in showrooms until next spring.
I'd like to be able to sit on the patio with a laptop or iPad.
Two issues I've found in the furniture I tried.
Seats are uncomfortable.
Chairs too low and tabletop too high makes using a laptop feel very awkward. I have used a laptop on an outdoor patio at Starbucks and it wasn't that awkward, so maybe they have a source of tables with lower tabletops??

I thought maybe I could just use a chaise lounge with the laptop on my lap, but I haven't found any chaise lounges that feel comfortable because I can't get the right angle in the back rest and the leg piece is straight out with no bend where you knees go...
The patio is fully uncovered, so I'm looking for furniture that is rated for full sun a rain exposure all year long.
I'm in California zone 8/9 so there are no snow, but there is a lot of winter rain so I want rust proof furniture and I don't want to have to pack the furniture away indoors when it rains.
I'd like the furniture to look good, but I want furniture that is comfortable to use, not just decoration or props on the patio that I don't want to sit on.

Any recommendation for weatherproof and comfortable compact furniture?

I'm thinking about aluminum framed furniture with Sunbrella cushions that can be left exposed outdoors year round.