Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best furniture store for a media center

Posted by tomcs (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 27, 09 at 0:25

It seems everywhere I try in NY it's the same thing: overpriced stuff made overseas. The piece I looked at over the weekend was made in Vietnam; not for me.

Can anyone recommend good stores?

I've tried Thomasville, Ethan Allen, Raymour and Flanigan, Pier 1 and am coming up short.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best furniture store for a media center

You may want to look at Crate and Barrel. I don't know where the furniture is made but I thought they had some nice pieces when I looked. Haven't purchased anything yet. You may want to look at antiques and see what might work.

o

I would also suggest Crate & Barrel. I have the item below and love it. Our flat panel is mounted to the wall and it looks great, lots of compliments. This is my favorite piece of furniture, it is so nicely made.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=14226&f=22313&q=cavari&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1

o

I was in Crate & Barrel a few days ago, everything was veneer, except a few Maria Yee pieces, which weren't the style I was looking for. Although they are solid wood, the Yee pieces were joined in a very odd manner, it looked as if they were taped.

I have a Crate & Barrel bookcase and the paint or finish is already wearing off, and I don't touch the bookcase.

I'm seriously thinking an antique might be the way to go after all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here