Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bichonluver3

Lane or Lazy Boy??

bichonluver3
14 years ago

Anyone with experience with Lane or Lazy Boy sofas?

Comments (7)

• western_pa_luann
    14 years ago

La-z-Boy

• western_pa_luann
    14 years ago

ahhh.... no

Sorry... I took the question literally.
    You just asked
    "Anyone with experience with Lane or Lazy Boy sofas?"
    and I let you know I did with La-Z-Boy.

You did not ask for specifics and I did not expound...

La-z-Boy's quality was bad, pattern was mismatched (but DH decided we could live with that), foam failed in two years. I would never do business with them again.

• claudia_sandgrower
    14 years ago

I've had La-z-Boy and Lane recliners. Had the same experience as luann with the La-z-boy: foam failure w/in about 2, maybe 2-1/2 years... the upholstry also split. Had the exact same experience with a La-z-Boy sofa - a huge split in the upholstry seam and foam failure. I'll never, ever purchase the brand again.

One Lane recliner is almost 15 years old and still in good, if slightly battered, condition. (DH uses it in the man cave.) No foam failure and the upholstry hasn't split anywhere.

I shopped for a new leather recliner a few years ago. It took me almost a year to settle on one; wound up choosing a Lane. DH loves it and the leather feels like an old pair of gloves... it's aging beautifully.

• bichonluver3
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks!!

• lardbucket
    14 years ago

The quality of both of these brands has deteriated in the past 5 years. Many pieces are made in China now. They are considered lower end brands today. I would explore Palliser Horizons (its a Canadian Company), Massoud, Jaymar, some Flexsteel. These are mostly mid-line brands. Visit the Leathershoppes.com and look at manufacturer's ratings. Not all brands are included, but it may be helpful.

• ilmbg
    14 years ago

I bought a Lazy-Boy sofa a couple years ago. I am the only person in the home and do not use my furniture harshly. Within 5 months the foam on the recliner part (under where you put your legs) started breaking down- it was cheap, flimsy material- throughout the whole sofa. The furniture store replaced it and the same thing happened.
    Lazy-Boy has become a low end, cheap company- not at all what it used to be. I will never buy Lazy-Boy again.
    I didn't want to buy a terribly expensive sofa because I know I will be wanting to sell my home soon- and will want to sell the furniture as well. I bought A Broyhill leather sofa from an online dealer- it was HORRIBLE!! The leather was so hard and slick you couldn't even stay on the thing! Uncomfortable also. I sent it back and then bought the 'Brockton' (I think), the slightly rounded conversation model, from a local dealer. It is a better quality sofa from Broyhill and is WONDERFULL!! I have had so many compliments and it is soft as glove leather- the whole sofa is comfortable!
    Stay away from LB.