Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
asr9_gw

dining table suggestion

asr9
9 years ago

Hi ..this is my first post here....hope some one can guide me. we have a 12 by 11 casual dining area, and want to get a table for this place. Formal dining area is mostly a play room for my 2 yr old toddler, and we will be using just the casual dining area now. We looked at amish furniture and like the quality of the tables but unable to decide whether round/square or rectangle will look good in this space?
mostly looking to seat 4. maybe occasionally 6.
we initially wanted to get the table with leaf to extend up to 72, but are worried that there could be crumbs in between spaces and so decided to just get the solid top table.
we are about to custom order 42 by 54 inch rectangle table, with a pedestal base but was wondering if 42 inches will be too wide? Can this seat 6 if needed?
should we have a round table maybe 48 inches?Can 5-6 sit comfortably in a 48 inches round table, with enough space for dishes?
I like how the square tables look.. but will these look good in our space? 48 inch square or will it be too wide to pass on dishes?
I would like the dining area to be a little modern - so was planning to order just the table with amish and get the chairs separately?will this be okay or is it better to order the entire set from the same place?
I am asking too many questions here.. as I really need lot of advice from you guys! please help me out!

Comments (2)