Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Round dinning table what diameter for 5 seats

Posted by colortreat (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 19:05

First of all what diameter round dining table do i need to seat 5 people ofcourse without trying to squeeze alot safe elbow distance would be fine. And anyone can suggest where could i get 54" dining table if required like glass tops with toddlers around. I live in jersey ny is close too. Any good reliable online stores are fine too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Round dinning table what diameter for 5 seats

I have a 45 inch. Seats 4 very well....and will seat 6 but not much room for anything but your plate, silverware and a glass. But, because of the curve of a round table you never bump elbows. When I had just small straight chairs I regularly sat 5 and6 ...but now I have larger chairs and one arm chair...5 is about all any more.
If you are a family of 5 and will use it daily and have the room, I would go for a 50 or a 54 inch table.
My table has survived toddlers....and even those toddlers toddlers....please don't put glass on your table.
Linda C

o
RE: Round dinning table what diameter for 5 seats

Agree to avoid the glass.

They make table covers that look like the table-top and are custom-fit inside with felt lining to keep the surface like new. Also heat-resistant up to 500 degrees. Ask about one of these products when you are shopping for your table.

A 54" table is usually sold with 6 chairs. Another consideration would be a 48" table that leafs out into an oval. It's standard for 48" tables to come with only 4 chairs but the store should be able to order another pair for you. If I were doing this, I would have them agree in writing that the 2 new chairs have to match the other 4. Sometimes there can be color variations in different "batches." Another difficulty with trying to permanently use a 48" table with 5 chairs is that the 5th chair needs a home. It won't fit under the table.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here