Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
realdreamer

Modern Furniture Brands

realdreamer
17 years ago

I am going to purchase a kitchen table set for my son and his GF. They have modern taste--so I am clueless brand-wise. They are looking at a table from Eurway. It looks kind of--well let's just say I wonder about the quality. It's made of beech wood and has a glass top. It's just over $1,000. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a decent quality modern furniture brand where we can get a table in this price range.

Comments (12)

• pammyfay
    17 years ago

To get a better feeling for what's out there and for how much, peruse some of these websites, the places I turn to first if I'm on the hunt for something:

Room & Board
    Storehouse
    La Difference (a Richmond, Va., store--may not offer shipping to where you are, but it is a modern design store and will give you some ideas)
    UnderTheRoof.com
    Scan Furniture
    Bo Concept
    Crate & Barrel

I'm not going to recommend Ikea to you at this point because it looks like you want something more upscale. There are two other places I keep bookmarked -- CB2 and West Elm -- but these, also, probably won't meet your expectations if you are hesitant about the Eurway piece right now.

• realdreamer
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Pammyfay,
    Thank you so much for the list of stores. I am really liking La Difference--the furntiure is exactly their taste! Thanks again.

• daphnar
    17 years ago

You can also check Design Within Reach (dwr.com).

• mcgillicuddy
    17 years ago

You might also check out Dania. They have a huge assortment of modern, reasonably priced pieces.

The website only shows a very limited range of their stuff, but they do have a catalog if there isn't a store near you.

• realdreamer
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for all the leads--I'm seeing better much furniture on these sites. I was so leary about the furniture from Eurway. I'm thinking buy a better quality set and get more value in the long run.

Thanks again!

• lydia000
    17 years ago

i am familiar with all the recommendations from a previous post- just would like to add to it.
    Furniture-half-price.com great site- its high end modern furniture and if you can wait the many weeks- excellent value.

• realdreamer
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks to all for your help. We finally decided on a set from Cantoni. The Tribecca table and chairs. The salesman took some $$ off the retail, so I feel that it was a good price for the quality. This has been a really pleasant experience. I am starting to warm up to modern design. Some of it is really quite cleaver!

• julien
    17 years ago

I was searching the archives because am interested in learning more about two stores that I recently learned about, Bo Concepts and Bova Furniture. I am somwehat familiar with a number of the stores in previous posts, but I would really appreciate some insight from others more familiar with these stores about quality. In particular, how do Bo Concepts and Bova compare to West Elm (which I would say is lower quality overall) vs. Crate and Barrell, Storehouse (now closed) and Scan Furniture, all of which IMO have a range from low to mid-level quality?

I'm looking for pieces for my living room and dining room, so they won't be heavily used, but I don't want really low quality furniture either. Brands that I have bought or have considered for my adjacent family/room kitchen or considered for my LR/DR include: Johnston Casuals, Clayton Marcus, Sam Moore, Precedent, Shermag, and Excelsior Designs.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

• lydia000
    17 years ago

julien

i agree that some of those furniture stores are mid-low range- check out laflat.com..they have some really nice things and from there, there are 2 or 3 other sites that you can get to. very modern and decent quality.
    good luck!

• julien
    17 years ago

Thanks, Lydia. I'll definitely check out that website.

I'm reluctant to buy furniture (especially chairs and sofas) without seeing or sitting on them first, so that is why I was primarily interested in finding out more about the two stores (BoConcept and Bova Furniture)I mentioned earlier, since they have stores in my metropolitan area.

• julien
    17 years ago

Thanks, Lydia. I'll definitely check out that website.

I'm reluctant to buy furniture (especially chairs and sofas) without seeing or sitting on them first, so that is why I was primarily interested in finding out more about the two stores (BoConcept and Bova Furniture)I mentioned earlier, since they have stores in my metropolitan area.

• anitamo
    11 years ago

My inlaws bought beautiful white shelving units for two of the BR's.. It was about five years ago, and they still look new. Worth a trip.