Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pierre Deux style Furniture

Posted by alexh (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 17:38

Hi all,

Was planning to furnish my house with some Pierre Deux pieces. Their style seems to strike the perfect balance between overly opulent and simple country. I was mostly interested in stain grade pieces like the Louis XV console and they had a few side tables, Laurette or Rafraichissoir. Their prices were actually fairly reasonable! French Heritage shops have this style although they seem to sell to people with money to burn.

Ebay has lots of side tables but they all seem to adorned with brass ornaments on the legs - way over the top for me.

BTW, Ethan Allen and Thomasville have very similar hardwood frame style setee's and wingback chairs and you can specify the fabric.

Anyhow, I did an exhaustive search of the web with no luck. Appreciate any tips.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pierre Deux style Furniture

I think Gormans Furniture in Michigan sells a line of Pierre Deux style furniture.

o

Hi,

There are a bunch of manufacturers which still make Pierre Duex Style furniture. Sometimes it's hard to find these brands in retail stores as there are bigger margins when they sell from the giant collections. So, many of these brands are in boutiques and through designers. For example: French Market collection. If you need more leads feel free to message me. I work as a designer so I know a LOT of places if you are crazy about certain Pierre Deux pieces.

o

FYI, years ago I found MarieAlbert furniture but the website died so I though they went out of business. However, I just found out that they changed the URL to mariealbertfurniture.com.

IMO, their product is really something.

o

Alex, try consignment furniture stores. Many people are getting rid of furniture similar to what PD sells for Pottery Barn 'style'.

Many antique stores have 'vintage' furniture, which may only be 20-25 years old. These pieces are usually made much better than new stuff made today, since most are made in China. I've seen many beautiful French pieces in Antique stores, everything form ornate to rustic.

A good auction house might get you some great bargains also, if you have one locally. Many French pieces also.

*ALL* of my furniture was purchased from one of the above sources~my style is French country~except upholstered pieces which were custom fabric.

o

Alex, I forgot to mention that most auction houses have a wholesale warehouse selling things that haven't sold in past auctions. The owner/manager of the auction house is usually willing to negotiate a price if the piece has been there a while.

o

If you look in the bottom left hand corner, it tells where the furniture can be purchased.

Here is a link that might be useful: new furniture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here