Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
removing paper label

Posted by grama2 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 15:56

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove a sticking paper label off of wood. My daughter is expecting her first baby next month. Her husband put together the crib and on the main railing which can later be used as the headboard for a toddler bed, is a stubborn stuck label that they are trying to remove without scratching the wood. They do not want to try and use warm water as of course the do not want any water mark damage. I can not understand why the manufacturer would place a label on a part of the crib that shows and not on the back side instead. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: removing paper label

First heat the label for a minute or so with a hair dryer. This will soften (plasticize) the adhesive. Then gently peel it off. Keep applying heat if necessary.

If there is any residue, remove it with Goo-Gone (not Goof-off) and a soft rag. Give the Goo-Gone time to work and save yourself a lot of rubbing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here