Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flaamy

Anybody know about Four Seasons slipcovered Furniture?

flaamy
15 years ago

I am looking at a slipcovered sofa and swivel rocker by Four Seasons Furniture for our well used family room. They offer a variety of cotton fabrics, velvets and chenilles.

I would appreciate any information on the company - their quality, reputation and durability.

Also, do you recommend slipcovers and those fabrics for an active family room? I love the feel of cotton, but am somewhat concerned about 'natural' fabrics. Do slip covers stay in place, or do you have to constantly rearrange them?

Here is a link that might be useful: Four Seasons Link

Comments (169)

• Alice Rhine
    2 years ago

I had two Four Seasons sofas for 15 yrs and loved them. We replace them with 2 new Alexandria’s and they are awful. The cushions constantly come off. Can’t wait to get rid of them.

• Cor Cor
    2 years ago

Hi Alice. We’ve had our Alexandria for a little over a year. I know there are different levels of cushions.

What do mean the cushions come off?

• dmurphy50
    2 years ago

We purchased 2 Alexandria sofas from 4 Seasons. The first one had the extra deep seats and was slip covered and is wonderful. We recently purchased a second one for our home in Florida and is has been awful. From the beginning we had issues. The wrong type of cushion was sent with the piece and it took months to get replacements. And since the beginning the sectional has had a squeak in one area. We've had 5 different visits from the retailer recording the noise and trying to fix it. 4 Seasons has refused to replace it, despite the ongoing issue. It's very comfortable and the slipcovers themselves are easy to clean, but because of the quality of the sofa itself and the really poor response from the Company on replacing a defective unit, we won't be purchasing one again (nor recommending them).

• Cor Cor
    2 years ago

Ugh that’s terrible dmurphy especially considering the expense of these pieces.

• pgan45
    2 years ago

After less than one year , the seams were fraying and pilling on my slipcovers and I used a performance fabric. I wasn’t less than satisfied with the compny’s response.

• C Ry
    2 years ago

I ordered the 41 depth carlton couch with chaise, all cotton color is called topsider. i ordered aug 1st. standard cushions but the one on display that i sat on was very comfortable. hopefully i get it within the next few weeks.

• cfogel563
    2 years ago

I ordered a Four Season sofa at the beginning of July. The delivery date was 26 weeks out which brings it up to January. Now I’m being told it MIGHT arrive in April. Has anyone had a similar experience?

• amyzahradnik
    2 years ago

I ordered March of 2021 for an August 2021 delivery. I just received the furniture on January 11th 2022. I am furious with the company. I bought through a company called Our Boat House in Delray, Florida. The owners of the store couldn’t care less about the delay so since I had paid in full I called North Carolina direct to beg for help and updates on my order. When I finally got a human on the line at Four Seasons they told me they couldn’t look up my order, couldn’t tell me if they had even begun construction on it, no idea how much longer it would take, etc. If they would have told me when I ordered it would take nearly a year, I could have made a decision based on that information. I could go on but I will stop…bottom line, I would not recommend Four Seasons or Our Boat House that sells their line. Here are my initial thoughts on the furniture: I have had it in my home less than a month, no kids, all adults. We purchased the Comfort Chic pillows. The pillows are already crushing and I am fluffing and refreshing them all day. I bought the Crypton fabric and it already appears to be pilling and shedding. This is less than a month. Buyer beware.

• C Ry
    2 years ago

I feel I may never get mine, Im putting all the blame on the manufacturer not the place I purchased it from. Im at 25 weeks.

• Holly
    2 years ago

I ordered my sofa in May of 2021, was told I’d receive it in August because the store I ordered from was a “preferred buyer” of the brand and they receive their shipments before anyone else in my area. I’m currently at 36 weeks of waiting, but am supposed to receive it this week. We’ll see. Supposedly they had issues making the couch coils and piping for the slipcover. This will be my second FS sofa in five years. I currently have a Devin sectional that has been one of my least favorite couches I’ve ever owned. For how expensive it was, it didn’t last very long. Zippers came apart on the slip covers, coils broke constantly, and it was just overall uncomfortable. We upgraded the fabric and cushions of the new sofa, so fingers crossed this one lasts longer!

• dlspellman
    2 years ago

I’m just curious which one you purchased this time….and why did you go with Four Seasons again, if not happy with the Devon? This SOFA shopping is frustrating.

• ELIZABETH EATON
    2 years ago

I purchased my Four Seasons Alexandria sectional 10 years ago from Nantuckit Furniture. I ordered the down cushion upgrades and a linen blend slipcovers. Four years ago, I moved into my new home, got married, and then got 2 dogs (who were not supposed to be allowed on the furniture but someone else "felt bad for them"), Up until this time, it still looked brand new. Now, between Sunday afternoon football, renovations involving the removing of plaster walls, putting up sheetrock/sanding, and these two dogs who think it is their dog bed, my slipcovers and cushions are so beat up. The frame however is still in awesome condition and I couldn't bear to throw it out. Instead, I have ordered brand new slipcovers and brand new couch cushions (standard cushions, not down b/c while the down was sooooo comfortable, I dont think they will hold up as well with my dogs constantly jumping on them and laying all over them) and it's going to look like i have a brand new couch. So Four Seasons furniture I would DEFINITELY recommend. It's amazing quality.

On the other hand, I would no longer recommend Nantuckit Furniture as a retailer for this furniture. The company has recently changed hands and while very responsive in terms of getting back to you and answering your questions, they do not take responsibility for anything and blame any issue you have on the manufacturer. I completely understand supply chain issues and the fact that things are taking so long, but I was not kept in the loop about certain things that kept occurring (discontinued fabric, out of stock fabric, shipping issues) until I reached out to customer service. To top it off, when I finally received my order yesterday, there were only the seat cushions in the order (and the slipcovers, which look beautiful). I was told by Nantuckit furniture that I only ordered the seat cushions (even though I said I wanted to replace all the couch cushions) and that now the price of the cushions has gone up (because I ordered it in September and it's now almost March), it's going to take about 2 more months for me to get the other cushions, and I'd have to pay for shipping again. I am completely disgusted with this company because the "misunderstanding" as she called it, it on her part. I questioned her about something else that didn't show up on my invoice and she said, "oh that's how we write the invoice. all your stuff is there," and then she has the audacity to say yesterday, "oh well your invoice has always said 5 cushions," although the words seat and back cushions appear repeatedly on her invoice and it was hard to really read/understand. Do not order from this company!!!! I am trying to find another retailer now who I can work with to get the new back cushions for the couch. Again, it's not the Four Seasons furniture, you can't go wrong with them. It's the retailer, Nantuckit Furniture, you need to stay away from!!!!

• C Ry
    2 years ago

31 weeks and counting…….

• cfogel563
    2 years ago

I was told 26 weeks. Now at 34 weeks and counting.... Informed my sofa will be ready in late April. Fingers crossed....

• C Ry
    2 years ago

I was told today I will receive mine in May. 40 weeks……

• coastalcathy
    2 years ago

Just don't. 2022

Fast forward 3 years the replacement covers have literally fallen apart. Zippers were not installed by proper size, but simply cut off at the end without securing. Because seams have comr apart, tabs come rifht off the ends. . Sewn ends not backstitched and half the seams have come apart. What a mistake. This is expensive Four Seasons Furniture supposedly quality made in the USA. Never again.

2019:

#fourseasonsfurniture #pinkpineapple

Very unhappy with my decision to buy their sofas. Horrible quality. Covers fall apart more each time I launder them. Shrunk terrible so it takes 2 people struggling to get back on. Zipper broke. Ugh. I have had nothing but slipcovered sofas for 42 years and these are the absolute worst I ever bought. I should have bought #arhaus

• Alice Rhine
    2 years ago

Worst sofas ever. I’ve had mine two yrs and ordered new sofas yesterday that will take 10 months to receive but will be worth the wait. Cushions constantly slide off the Four Seasons.

• Amy Cherry
    2 years ago

I have two three-seat sofas, a love seat, three swivel club chairs in Alexandria white (I think it was duck or twill) that I've had for almost 15 years and a large sectional (Alexandria, chocolate courderoy, fabric discontinued) for seven years. My kids grew up with this furniture (no formal rooms in our house) and we've always had a dog. They are hands down the most comfortable sofas and chairs. I've had no issues with them...ever! I wash all of my white slip covers annually in the washing machine, with bleach, air dry, light iron and they look new. I occasionally wash individual pieces if someone spills something on them. I've removed red wine, marinara sauce, you name it. They still come out looking new. For the brown sectional, I just vaccuum and spot clean.

Getting ready to move. It's all coming with me to our new home. Looking to change out the sectional slip cover to something lighter (light gray?) and kind of thick and durable, more a tweed or linen feel. Any suggestions from the Four Seasons owners out there as to fabric choices? Thanks for your help!

They are a year out now, but worth the wait! I've purchased all pieces through Green Front furniture in Farmville, VA.

• C Ry
    last year

Glad to hear your experience is a positive one! Im at 39 weeks and waiting for the carlton couch with a chaise. hope I get it soon.

• cfogel563
    last year

Up to 42 weeks for my Four Seasons sofa. They say may be shipped in 2 weeks. So, so hoping…..

• Sara Perkins
    last year

Do not use Four Season’s Sunbrella Sahara Sand. I waited close to 7 months last year for an upholstered soda and chaise. I was okay with that considering what was happening in the world. They finally arrived and the upholstery work specifically on the chaise was horrible. The sofa not as bad. The Sunbrella immediately started to get fuzzy and not cleaning like Sunbrella does. I did eventually get full credit for the 2 pieces from the store, and now I am ordering something from a different manufacturer in Inside Out Performance fabric. For the woman who is waiting for her chaise, make sure to remove the back cushion to ensure there is not a seam on the bottom cushion where the back cushion sits.

• Rachel
    last year

Alice Rhine Hope you don't mind my asking. what brand you ended up buying to replace your Four Seasons sofa? It's so hard to find quality now. Thanks!

• Rachel
    last year

Sara Perkins Wow that chaise looks awful! It looks old! Thanks for sharing the fabric, so we can all avoid it. These furniture and fabric manufacturers need to do better. What brand sofa or chaise are you getting as a replacement? I ask, because I'm looking.

• C Ry
    last year

Now its June for mine. I'm at 41 weeks

• sheila venard
    last year

I ordered one of their sofas in late October to be delivered in April but received emails with 2 different delay notices. A month ago I went to another furniture company and they carried the same sofa but the salesman said” if I were you I would stick with what you have because if you order now it will be another 40 weeks”. I asked if was Covid related. He said that Four Seasons was a 40 week expected delivery even a year before Covid so the sales person should have been aware of that. He said “ I like to be honest with my customers but not everyone is”. So to me it’s not just the manufacturer but the furniture stores telling people a delivery date they know can not be met… next time I go to the honest guy. At least I know what I’m actually dealing with

• C Ry
    last year

42 weeks and no scheduled delivery yet.

• Priscilla P
    last year
    last modified: last year

@T Ball where did you end up getting your replacement slipcover from?

• Babs Fla
    last year

I waited a very long time for my Kalani sofa by Four Seasons. I got Navy Blue Sunbrella fabric. I've had the sofa for about 6 months and I HATE it. It's just not comfortable. The display in the store was super great but after I went back to complain I was told it could be the fabric choice. They told me to unzip the cushions and step on them to break down the foam some. I did it and it has made no difference. I'm heading to Crate and Barrel tomorrow to see what they have. I'm tired of a sore butt after sitting on this sofa.

• doreenr
    last year

C Ry, have you finally received your Four Seasons Carlton sofa? If so, are you happy with it? We are thinking of ordering within a day or two. We were told it would be mid February for delivery, but now I'm nervous!

• C Ry
    last year

Yes 51 weeks and I love it. I would just be aware it might be longer than they say. maybe supply chain is better.

• cfogel563
    last year

We love our Four Seasons sofa after waiting eleven months to receive it. It was definitely worth the wait, but very difficult waiting for it to arrive those eleven months. We are thrilled with looks, the fabric, and it’s comfort. We’ve received so many compliments on its beauty and coziness.

• doreenr
    last year

Thank you, C Ry and cfogel563 for letting me know your experiences. So glad to hear that it was worth the wait. I really liked everything about the sofa in the showroom, so will be ordering. They say it should be in mid-February - fingers crossed! Thanks again!

• L Snow
    last year

Looking for opinions on the Down Feather Blend or the Comfort Chic cushions on a Four Seasons sectional. We are looking at the Daniel style. Any feedback on how the cushions hold up over time would be so helpful!

• bathdilemna
    last year

L Snow, we have had the Daniel sofa with down feather blend cushions for 10 years. it is still in great condition and we have not been diligent about regularly fluffing and rotating cushions and pillows. So I’m sure it could look even better if we were better about maintenance. We are actually planning on moving this sofa to a loft area in our beach home (it is a sleep sofa) and purchasing the Alexandria sectional for our living room to give us more seating. We were planning on staying with the down wrapped cushions. Hoping Four Seasons quality has remained over the past 10 years. We have done tons of research and looked at many different manufacturers and keep coming back to Four Seasons. And we are looking at getting two sectionals - a second for our main home too!

• L Snow
    last year

Thank you! Four Seasons is running a sale this month, so we are making final decisions to order and really appreciate your insight!

• bathdilemna
    last year

L Snow, Hope my opinions are helpful! Can you share more information about the Four Seasons sale? How did you find out about it? We are shopping through a local Four Seasons retailer and have not been made aware of this. Thanks.

• L Snow
    last year

I am ordering through a retailer in North Carolina, ordering a Daniel sectional. I looked back over emails with the salesperson, and I spoke too soon saying the sale is being offered by Four Seasons. I think the sale is specific to Tyson’s Furniture, from where we are ordering.

• bathdilemna
    last year

Okay, understood. Are you local in NC or chose to order from NC since they are known to have more competitive pricing. We know some people in the mid Atlantic area (MD/DE) who ordered from Furnitureland South in NC for discounted costs over buying locally. We’ve never done that and were planning on purchasing from a local retailer.

• L Snow
    last year

No strategy—we just stumbled into this particular store while in town on a rainy weekend for a family reunion and sat on the most comfortable sectional we had found in our ongoing search! The shipping to us in TN is reasonable so we decided to move forward.

• bathdilemna
    last year

Question about fabric choices. we are getting two sectionals, one for the beach house and one for our main home. We have a 10 year old Four Seasons sofa at the beach in Topsider Natural that has held up well. I am drawn to the off white cottons and tending to not want to go with a performance fabric. It seems crazy to get the exact same fabric again but it does wear well. Has anyone gotten Bayou Natural which isnt quite as heavy weight and softer or any other neutral suggestions? Or should I not worry about being redundant and go with tried and true. They are two different houses and pillows, rugs and other accent furniture will all be different so not identical rooms 😊

• Robin Powell
    last year

Just ordered an Alexandria sofa with Sunbrella slipcovers. Was told it would be 8 weeks. Fingers crossed!

• Jan Kokemor
    last year

I bought my 4 Seasons about 4 years ago. We ordered the really deep size and it is the best sofa we ever had. I also pursued extra slip covers in Sand because the store was having a sale. Ordered the top of the line in cushions and fabrics. It was delivered in 8 weeks. I can’t believe the wait time now! Must be due to supply chain and people NOT working. I don’t know if their fabrics are made somewhere else. They do have beautiful fabrics and have lasted for me and grandchildren. I wash them on gentle in cold water with zippers closed. Dry them until almost dry….they come out great.

• C Ry
    last year

@doreenr did you ever receive your sofa?

• Robin Powell
    last year

Not yet. Just ordered last week.

• ktocook
    11 months ago

We purchased the Alexandria sofa from a store in High Point, NC in August 2021. It took over a year to get it. We ordered the comfort chic cushions as we were told that they were soft. Not true! We call it “The Concrete Couch”! When this couch was delivered we thought that since it felt like you were sitting on a rock that it might take a little bit of time to break in but it’s been 8 months and it’s the most uncomfortable sofa we’ve ever had. The pillows and cushions weigh a ton as well. Nothing like the showroom. And they kind of feel like they slope forward, plus the seats sit pretty high off the ground than the showroom sofa. Confusing for sure! We are so disappointed. Just FYI in case you are looking at this sofa.

• marla allara
    10 months ago

We have the large Alexandria sectional. We bought it 20 years ago and it still looks brand new. Both children took it to Virginia Tech and abused it for 6 years. It is coming back home tomorrow and we are going to order new slip covers. The fabric is a red suede. It has been amazing. All stains came out with washing and spot cleaning. The sofa is still very comfortable. I am going to replace a couple of the back pillows because we damaged them by folding them over to lay on. We upgraded to the down pillows when we purchased. We had bought a new Smith Brothers sectional and it is junk. The fabric started snagging after 2 months. We are returning it and going to use our Four Seasons. Just be careful in the fabric selection. Get the best, most durable. Very well constructed piece. Truly has lasted a life time.

• pilot099
    7 months ago

Does anyone have an idea who sells 4 Seasons online? My retail locator has seen me to 2 stores that don’t sell 4 seasons anymore. When I reached out to 4 seasons, i get no reply. Looking for an online retailer or one in Oklahoma/Texas.

• pilot099
    7 months ago

Does anyone know an online retailer that sells four seasons couches? When I reach out to Four Seasons, I get no reply. There online retail locator has my 2 closest stores not selling four seasons any longer. Looking in Oklahoma/Texas. TIA

• clee415
    4 months ago

I ordered two Four Seasons Easton sofas (with firm cushions) on 11/29/23 and just received an arrival estimate of mid-February 2024, or 11-12 weeks out.

• Dede
    4 months ago

Four Seasons is a great company, they are a family owned business. I am a designer and I have a wholesale account. I have many accounts with different companies from very high end to medium. There furniture is nice medium to higher end for excellent prices. All companies were having problems with production during COVID and other for reasons. I am surprised to hear it is taking this long to receive orders from them. I live in NC, orders normally take around 4 weeks unless they are out of the fabric that was selected. A few things could be holding up orders, it depends on who you buy it from. When you select a piece, look at the details, measurements, cushions, mattress.
    Standard is fine for some people and it sits fine but you have choices to upgrade to fit your needs and your budget. I think there upgrade prices are very fair and worth it if you like a down softer feel, if you buy a sleeper I would advice not to order firm because a sleeper sits firmer than a sofa. My clients have never had a problem with what they bought, they have been pleased. I am working on a Multi Project right now I am ordering 5 sofas, 10 chair and many dining chairs. Since I am on a tight budget I am ordering standard but I am happy with a standard feel. I am ordering the Benton Sofa Queen sleeper 41” deep for a client in white sunbrella, we upgraded all the cushions to down feather blend, throw pillows in down,upgraded mattress to Memory Flex Mattress. Before you order from a store or designer ask them to call and ask Four Seasons what the receiving date will be. It may vary some but it shouldn’t be long unless they are out of the fabric but they can check this to. The back orders that I have had have taken around 1 to 2 weeks. If there is a problem getting a date you might want
    to select another fabric or buy what you need and send it in as COM order which is a grade 1-3 price, sunbrella is a 10 grade.
    Good luck!