Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quality of Flexsteel furniture

Posted by bradenct (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 12, 09 at 14:20

I am currently in dispute with Flexsteel because I purchased two matching sofas on May 1st and by June 1 the fabric where my husband and I each sit looks worn. The arm of one sofa is already frayed. The retailer had to send the cover of one cushion to the mill for testing and of course the mill said the fabric was fine. I have started my letter writing campaign to the President of Flexsteel, factory contact person-Cathy Theilen, and am trying to reach area rep. I have $3000.00 invested in two sofas that look like $300.00 sofas. Does anyone know of anything else I can do to get replacement or refund? The retailer says it is a Flexsteel problem and he won't replace.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quality of Flexsteel furniture

hmmm.sounds like a manufacturing defect,can you ask them if they will not replace the sofa if they can issue you new parts to replace the areas that has been affected?if they agree to send you cut and sewn pieces then you will just have to have them installed,i would try to get as many parts as possible if they work with you in getting new parts just in case anything else should go wrong with pieces.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here