Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any experience with CarolinaChair.com furniture and Sunbrella fab

Posted by ThePaterFamilias (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 13:52

We're needing a new sofa. Really interested in the quality and look detailed on CarolinaChair.com.

But I'm a little nervous about ordering and paying for something sight unseen that won't be delivered for 7-10 weeks.

Has anyone used CarolinaChair.com?

Also, I sleep on the sofa more nights than not, because I don't sleep well sharing a bed with anyone - even my wonderful wife. Plus, it lets me get up and roam around without bothering her or the kids.

I'm interested in getting a sofa in Sunbrella fabric, especially something that looks and feels like heavy canvas. But I want to make sure it's safe to sleep on for 8 hrs every night. Don't want to be breathing in a bunch of nasty chemicals or odors.

Thanks for any help provided.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any experience with CarolinaChair.com furniture and Sunbrella

We ordered a sleeper sofa from Carolina Chair last year. The quality is just amazing for the price and they were great to deal with. I would definitely recommend them.

o

Great news.

Any experience with Sunbrella fabric?

o

PaterFamilias, I'm looking into a purchasing a Carolina Chair sofa with Sunbrella Canvas fabric and wondered if you can tell us what you decided and how you like it.

o

Sunbrella fabrics by Glen Raven mills in NC, their indoor fabrics are usually 100% polyester. Spun and dyed then coated the weaved loose enough so fabric can breath.
I suggest that you order some swatches of the Sunbrella, to see first hand.

o

Many Sunbrella fabrics and those silimar to Sunbrella such as 100% acrlic fabrics have some distinct advantages these include resistance to sun, bleach and wet bathing suits. Oddly enough if you have a pet, pet hair does not easily adhere to them. They are not quite as soft as a 100% cotton fabric but they are close enough.

If you have a slipcover sofa and can wash the covers most of these fabrics are washable but a 100% cotton fabric usually washes better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here