Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daphne94

Pottery Barn Sofa vs Lee

daphne94
13 years ago

After 10 years of owning a oversized Thomasville leather sofa I decided I would like to purchase either 2 new oversized sofas or a small sectional with a chaise and 1 sofa. I recently moved and the old sofa doesn't fit the space and endured 3 children being potty trained, a dog(no longer with us),and years of wear and tear.

I narrowed my search down to 2 brands Lee and Pottery Barn.

I like both because they have slip cover sofas that are machine washable, both have deep seating, and the look I am interested in.

The pros of the Pottery Barn are the microsuede, which is allegedly indestructible, replaceable covers if need be, the configurations and sizes I need.

If I go with the 2 sofas from PB I will go with the Basic Grand brand because I prefer the 3 cushion couch. If I decide on the sectional I will go with the

Comfort Brand because that sectional is available in the deep seating (Chaise and sofa component) and a matching Comfort Grand sofa.

PB Cons I am worried about quality, and itÂs a little pricey.

Lee has a sofa model # 3917, I would purchase 2, which is comparable to the PB Basic Grand, slightly less expensive but with Sunbrella velvet fabric. Cons are that it is not as stain resistant as the PB slip cover and not quite as deep.

If I go with the sectional I like Lee model #7117 (chaise and sofa component) and then separate piece 1 couch from the same series. All same size as the PB Grand but with Sunbrella fabric.

So it's Lee vs. PB. Has anyone had experience with either? Does the PB microsuede really hold up well? Any experience with either's sofa quality?

Comment (1)