Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanem_gw

Furnishing new home, trip to NC?

tanem
14 years ago

Background: We are 5 months away from moving into our new home. We will be purchasing a lot of furniture. We haven't bought funiture in years due to saving up for this custom build. Our architect is helping us with with our interior design, but I'm doing most of the leg work. Our style is minimualist/modern/contemporary. We are mixing some very modern elements with rustic to soften things up. I have three children under 8 so durable is a must. We do not want leather, the upkeep is too hard in dry Arizona.

Now for my question.... We want to buy high quality furniture for a decent price. I do not need brand name. Our wood funiture is being built by our cabinet maker for a fraction of store prices. I have read endlessly on the site and have become more and more confused. Would a trip to N.C. be worth while? We really like the style of Room and Board. I found on here sofacraft.org and customsofadesign.com, but the posts smell of spam. My architect has an interior design license so ciscobrothers is an option. The more money I can save the more rooms I can furnish. It does have to be quality. We keep our furniture for years. Any opinions/advice would be great.