Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acidpop_gw

Buying my first bedroom set & overwhelmed - Broyhill, Vaughan..?

AcidPop
11 years ago

I'm a recent college graduate looking to buy my first bedroom set. Given the economy, I wasn't able to find a great job even though I worked my butt off in college. So although I could afford a $5000 set with money I have in the bank, I don't want to. It wouldn't be a smart move for me at the moment. I'm really looking for a bedroom set (including the bed, a nightstand, and a dresser) that doesn't cost over $2000, as I also want to buy a curio cabinet for my room. My question is, can I get decent quality furniture for this price, and if so, what brands should I be looking at? I've already found a Broyhill set (the attic heirloom collection?) that I liked, as the mink finish was very unique, but I found pretty poor reviews for them online. I then found a Vaughan-Bassett set I like, but once again found a lot of people bad-mouthing them. Now, I know that there will always be negative reviews for pretty much every company, but I'm terrified of spending over $1000 on furniture that will only last a few years. I want something much more durable. I DON'T want to have to repurchase furniture in 5 years. Can anyone help me? I feel so overwhelmed at the moment between trying to find this furniture and a decent mattress.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator