Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Damaged new sofas

Posted by pjs5545 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 1, 09 at 11:26

I recently purchased 2 sofas from Harden. The sofas have decorative legs in front. All 4 legs are damaged, gouged or cracked or poorly repaired and when you move them a stain is left on the rug. Has anyone else had similar issues? Should I expect Harden to replace?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Damaged new sofas

You should definitely expect the legs to be fixed. Did you buy them direct from Harden? or through a dealer? In either case whoever sold the sofas to you should fix the legs. I would suggest you take photos of the damage as quickly as possible and email them to whomever you purchased from. If the front legs are removable it will be very simple for the factory to replace them. If they are attached legs, the repair will be more difficult and time consuming, but they are still responsible. Don't be afraid to demand new legs.

o

Harden is fairly high-end. They should certainly rectify the situation.

o

Thanks for the feedback.

Yesterday I learned that Harden has agreed to send replacements for all four legs. Initially, the dealer said Harden just wanted to repair the damage. It took a few weeks but I am happy with the final outcome.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here