Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Renewed Leather???

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 10:44

Anyone know anything about this product sold by Laz Y Boy...perhaps others.

We have a basement with a small seating area just about finsished. I can fit a 78" - 89" sofa. Two cats with claws live down there. The LazyBoy guy said the James Renewed Leather Reclining Sofa (only on sale thru Sat for $899) would wear well, the cats claws could not penetrate the leather and if they had an accident it would not penetrate thru to the foam. Also, the sofa was nice looking and comfortable. The down side is it may be a little big for the area and the price. I am not looking to spend a fortune for the basement. On the other hand, I have seen sofas as low as $299 to $400 and they do not seam as thought they would last very long.

So, what about this renewed / recycled leather...thougts?

Any other ideas for a less expensive sofa that might have some quality to it and hold up to our cats.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Renewed Leather???

They don't give a lot of information about it, other than marketing drivel. There is REBONDED leather that is chopped up scraps, then reconstituted with a binder. Think of this as the leather equivalent to particle board. At that point, it all depends on how they did it and what binder they used. Could be decent, could be crap, but it's not hide leather.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.la-z-boy.com/Collections/Renew-Recycled-Leather/

o

Its not clear what the renewed stuff is..no problem with leather...big problem is 20% leather and the rest vinyl mixed in....anyone know....

o

I think you are much better off purchasing a quality leather sofa. It will last and wear longer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here