Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christnrn_gw

Who manufactures Macy's furniture?

christnrn
15 years ago

A friend of mine is in a hurry to purchase bedroom furniture and is considering two sets he found at Macy's. One is the Tea Trade Collection, and the other is the Corniche Collection. He says when he asked who makes the sets he was told only that they are both "exclusive to Macy's" and that Donald Trump helped design the Corniche Collection. The saleslady could give him no further information.

I was wondering if anyone here has any idea who the manufacturers might be, or any advice regarding purchasing furniture from Macy's. I've never dealt with them, and I'm worried my friend is making a poorly informed, hasty decision. Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tea Trade Furniture Collection

Comments (10)

• janroze
    15 years ago

Macy's furniture is average? Shock to me. Who has good furniture then that doesn't cause bankruptcy?
    gramma jan

• parma42
    15 years ago

I wouldn't even call most of it average.

We bought a kitchen/dining set from them. While it is heavy, that's about all you can say for it. The finish scratches when you dust. The black paint has a weird haze on it and you can see Chinese red bleed through on the pedestal. One little knick and a whole chunk of wood came out on the side.

People used to spend more of their budget on good furniture. Now, with all the 'service' spending (cable, internet, cell phone, etc), there's not as much money left to throw around.

It's going to get worse. Shipping is going to go through the roof so those great Chinese "bargains" are going to get pricey, also.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to attack another nation or trying to wave the flag here, it's just that most of what's coming over, isn't too hot. That includes most of the middle/high end retailers, too.

• stevethedesigner
    15 years ago

Many furniture manufacturers/importers sell to Macy's. Typically, Macy's will ask the company to make certain changes to an existing line to make it more "exclusive" to them.

As you might expect, the quality and pricing varies from supplier to supplier.

• oofasis
    15 years ago

I was furniture shopping in Macy's a couple of weeks ago. The sales gal told me that most of Macy's case goods (non-upholstered furniture) comes from Asia, and most upholstered furniture is U.S. made.

HTH

• jkenlarson
    8 years ago

Looking for a "Tea Trade" dresser. Anyone know of any left in the U.S.?

• lyndacooper1
    8 years ago

Looking for Tea Trade dining room chairs. I have the set and need two more armless chairs.

• jvbonomo
    8 years ago

Dont waste your time with Macys funiture. You pay a premium price thinking you get good quality and its not. I spent over five thousand dollars on a Marthe Stewart bedroom set and it it falling apart. Not from use or abuse, but the glue that holds the laminates together is failling and the top veneer of my dresser is actually peeling off. I called Macys and they told me i was out of luck. Never again!!!

• perri688
    6 years ago

Did anyone find the Tea Trade dinning collection anywhere?

• Lynda Cooper
    6 years ago

I found the two teacher a chair dining room chairs however I am still searching for the sideboard Buffet. My phone (951) 907-7259