Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What sofa companies allow you to customize skirt and arms?

Posted by bnicebkind (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 14, 08 at 9:25

In some of the magazines I have looked at, I sometimes see a sofa where the skirt is box pleated across the front. I also want English arms. What manufacturer's offer customizing the skirts in such a way?

Also, would you do this on a living room sofa, or do you think it is too fussy or too much, and would not stand the test of time? Is simple better in other words?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What sofa companies allow you to customize skirt and arms?

I'm not sure what quality level you're looking for, but I know Bassett furniture can customize arms and skirts.

Amanda

o

Williams Sonoma Home features custom sofas on the cover of their latest catalog...

Here is a link that might be useful: Beekman custom

o

You can also customize a couple of sofas at Norwalk Furniture.

o

King Hickory is another manufacturer that allows changes - It's called the Creative Rooms Collection. I purchased sofas 16 years ago and have been very pleased with them. They do have 8 way hand tied springs and all American made.

o

Pearson has a personal preference program where you can customize skirts, arms, and the look of the cushions.

Hickory Chair also has a lot of options. They even allow you to submit your own skirt design if you know of something you would prefer over what they normally offer.

I think Century has a program as well, but I haven't used it before so I don't know as much about it.

o

I got a Key City last year and it was like a Chinese menu:
pick arms, pick skirt style, pick cushion style, etc.

o

Smith Brothers & Bassett will let you customize...arm style, skirt vs 3 or 4 leg types (not sure about skirt type), type of back pillows. I didn't find the Smith Brothers website to be very helpful compared to Bassett.

I posted today asking for a comparison of quality for these two companies.

o

Southwood Furniture has an excellent program which is very aggressively priced in the first four grades of fabric.. Its called Design Your Own, and typically a sofa will sell for under $ 2,000 in those first four fabric grades

Here is a link that might be useful: Southwood Design Your Own

o

Massoud will allow you to do this. I have several of their pieces and they are of excellent quality & have held up well in my active household. They make everything in Dallas, Texas!

Here is a link that might be useful: Massoud Furniture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here