Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recreational trip to NC

Posted by jamies (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 21, 09 at 9:20

I posted this in decorating, but no response yet, perhaps you will advise me?

I have a few hours near Hickory/High Point on Oct 8. I live in Michigan and want to experience a deeply discounted, high quality, big volume outlet. This is not a serious shopping trip - I will not be trying to furnish rooms in the regular stores with the help of a salesperson. I will be "touring" the outlets, but I would be delighted to find a very, very small chandelier or any of a number of surprise bargain delights that I could have shipped home.

I understand that the Market is October 15. My visit is on October 8. Should I avoid High Point? Should I go to Boyle's outlet in Hickory? Furnitureland? Can you suggest a favorite outlet that I shouldn't miss? I only have about 4-6 hours, I want to avoid Thomasville, my taste runs to traditional, and I'd like to see wonderful things.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recreational trip to NC

Your best bet is High Point for this kind of shopping, but your point is your a few days away from the market, so not the best time to go; traffic and in fact is, the whole city focus at that time will be on the market.

o
RE: Recreational trip to NC

Most furniture stores in NC have reasonable prices now because they were losing money to the Hickory, High Point, furniture places. They had to lower their prices to compete. The last time we went up (about 5 yrs. ago), we found no better prices.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here