Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with Pool Table & Rug Size

Posted by JustCantWait (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 9:04

Hello everyone...

We are in the process of building our home. I have a 4 x 8 pool table and want to put a rug underneath it. The room is large and will have tile. I do not want to trip on the rug while playing...I have heard to go smaller that the rails..(to say out of the way )......but I am afraid that will look wrong in the size of this rm. The room is approx. 16' x 20'. I am leaning toward a 9 x 12 rug. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated...

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with Pool Table & Rug Size

ISTM that you are most likely to trip on the edges of the carpet, so I would suggest sizing and placing it such that you would not encounter any edges as you walk around the pool table. (4 x 6 under the table or 9 x 12 (or larger) with the table centered)
JMHO

o

why do you want to put a rug underneath? Unless you get a rug big enough not to trip over when playing....which would have to be bigger than 9 by 12, because that only leaves 2 feet at each end of the table.
I think it would look very silly to have a rug just under the table...
Linda C

o

IMHO, in many cases a rug under the table looks nice.

Extending out 2' might be a little skimpy, especially if you have some 'big boys' playing.

The room is large and will have tile.
Do you have any concern for bouncing balls hitting the tile, and possibly damaging it? hmmm....

Here is a link that might be useful: Google images rug under pooltable.

o

Thanks for the suggestions....I am not really worried about the balls hitting the tile.....! I want the rug more for the look than anything else. But the price of a rug larger than 9 x 12 is more than I really want to spend. That is why I needed feedback....I agree that a small rug just under the table would look "wrong", especially in a large rm. Thanks everyone. If anyone has a links to rugs at great prices ......Please post them.

Thanks again...!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here