Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pair of blue leather wing charis

Posted by LauraOliver (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 9:02

I want to buy a pair of "high end" blue leather wing chairs.

I was thinking I could order them online and get a better price. I want curvy legs on the bottom and a recliner is nice. Hancock and Moore have a few styles, but any brand would be fine (I am even looking at Lazy Boy.

What is the best way to do this?
Thanks.
Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pair of blue leather wing charis

I would never attempt to buy a recliner on line. There is just so much difference in the comfort of them, as well as how the reclining mechanism works. I would shop locally and then order them with the best blue leather available.

High End does not always mean 'comfortable'

o

I would agree ... I purchased a Lazy Boy last year and thought I wanted one of the newer one's that don't look like a recliner. The newer one's weren't comfortable to me and really hard to extend the leg rest.

I ended up purchasing one of the normal Lazy boy recliners, found one that wasn't too big, and I love it.

o

Hi! Occasional lurker here, finally registered because I actually had something useful (hopefully) to say.

You might want to check out Bradington-Young style 4114. There was a special they were running on it for a while in 3 colors: red, brown, and blue. I think it might still be going on. I ordered it from Duane at The Keeping Room, and everyone who's ever sat in it has threatened to take it home with them! In fact, my mom kind of did...she ended up ordering one for herself.

I'm including a link to the relevant thread on Duane's furniture forum with pictures of the chair in all 3 colors. Also, you can order it with a curvy claw foot instead of the one shown here (my mom ordered one that way).

Here is a link that might be useful: Bradington-Young 4114

o

Bradington Young would be my recommendation for a wing chair. They are good quality & everyone who has sat in any of the Bradington Young chairs is impressed with the comfort.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here