Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pine plank dining table

Posted by nosoccermom (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 8:52

Any insight son this table or what I should look for? Supposedly it was bought at an antique store, but how do I assess what age I'm looking at? Thank you!
I don't particularly care for the chairs, so preferably will leave them "behind.".

Here is a link that might be useful: pine table

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pine plank dining table

"Bought at an antique store" means nothing.....
It appears, from the pictures of the hutch to be a very nice repro made from old wood. It looks to be in fabuilous condition....and the picture of the table is less clear....however I would guess it is also new made from old wood.
HOWEVER....the chairs are fabulous!...likely the best part of the deal....easily should be worth $100 each....please don't leave them behind....give them to me!

o

This set is nice! (Or at least photographs well.)

Take the chairs or Linda will hunt you down. Or is that "take the chairs and Linda will hunt you down"? They will be super easy to recover with a staple gun.

o

I wasn't planning on getting the hutch, just the table and if necessary the chairs. Aren't these just "ordinary" Princess Anne chairs?
How do I know that the table is a reproduction?

o

The table is a repro, because they didn't show the evidence ( as in close ups of the construction)....and the hutch obviously is.
"Ordinary Princess Anne"....no such thing....Queen Ann style...likely not old but they appear well made and are very attractive!
What are you thinking of in the way of chairs?
Wish you lived closer...I have a set of 4 old country farm house chairs I might trade for those Queen Ann ones

o

Well, I have Windsor chairs and also was thinking about going with slipcovered Parsons chairs (below)

Here is a link that might be useful: slipcovered chairs

o

The Windsor chairs and the sort of Queen Ann-ish chairs are pretty much of the same time period...
If you get tht table....get the chairs too...upholster them in gingham or Buffalo checks....or awning stripe....they will be terrific....and sturdy!!!!
Linda C

o

The chairs were really wobbly, and unfortunately, the table was too short (mis-measured).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here