Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pier1 IKAT Wing Chair?

Posted by odiegirl13 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 11, 09 at 7:30

A friend of mine showed me the Pier1 IKAT Wing chair and I think it might work in our family room. Are their chairs any good? I realize a $319 chair is not a $999. She is trying to look out for my budget but she does not have kids.

Are there similar chairs out there that won't break the bank?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pier1 IKAT Wing Chair

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pier1 IKAT Wing Chair?

I am not sure about Pier One, but I would check to see how it is made on the inside. I look at spring quality, how the wood is joined together, and the quality of the filling. Then I'd search the web on the various furniture making techniques and see how these techniques compare to Pier one.

Since you know you are not getting the best, I think you should ask yourself how long are you willing to use this chair before it breaks then see if you need to adjust the price you want to spend.

I'd also check their warrantee/garantee and/or return policy. I think I'd compare them to Ikea as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea Living Room Chairs

o

Thanks for your response. I will check on the quality as best I can. It has been a long time since I have purchased upholstered furniture and it can be quite an investment.

o

If you like it, just buy it! Who cares how long it lasts for $300? Better the kids trash a cheap chair than an expensive one.

o

That is the feeling I have now on it. I wish it came in a few other colors but I think it is very comfortable and certainly reasonably priced at $319.

o

Being a lover of all things Ikat, I'd say go for it.

If you've already sat in it and know it's comfortable...the price point is certainly appealing.

o

Here is a dumb question - what does IKAT mean?

o

Ikat is weave that results from a dyeing process a bit like the old tie-dye.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wikipedia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here