Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homeownermv

Stressless sofas - worth the price?

homeownermv
12 years ago

We shopped extensively for comfortable reclining sectionals that also looked good (not like something that came out of the living room in the 80's). So far, Ekornes Stressless sofas come closest to what we're looking for in both style and function. However, the price tag for the kind of sectional we want is well over $12K!!! My husband can't believe anyone would spend that much on a set of sofas. Can anyone who owns stressless furniture comment on whether it's worth the cost? Dropping that much money makes me worried that if the sofas have quality issues or don't last that long, we'd really regret it down the road.

Comments (93)

• pstein15
    5 years ago

I sat on that sofa for 5 minutes. Terribly unconfortable. The ottoman was even worse. Thought it would be a good choice for an office waiting room.

We wound up buying a Stickley fabric sofa going on 5 years. Incredibly comfortable. We are retired and my wife is in it 8 hours a day watching TV. Just A treat to sit in.

• azfoodie
    4 years ago

We have 2 stressless leather sofas that cost a small fortune. Within 2-3 months, the leather discolored where my husband's head rests on the sofa. Fortunately, it was fixed under warranty, but we were told that we should have clean skin and hair when sitting on the sofa and they any lotions, hair products or even skin oils would damage the leather. That sure seems like quite a limitation for a sofa! On top of that, they are not comfortable if you like to "lounge" on the sofa - you have to sit perfectly upright. The foam in the seats also has evidence of wear already (less than a year). I do not anticipate that we will even come close to getting our money's worth from these sofas and will not be buying again.

• Oliviag
    4 years ago

azfoodie, very old thread. But, lits of comments each way.
    We have four pieces of Ekornes. One recliner, living room, is over 20 years old, still like new. My size. Really, my chair. Deep chocolate brown. Top leather grade, whatever that name is.
    2 recliners and a reclining loveseat in the family room, black, top leather grade. Leather is absolutely like new. 17 years old, I think. We have replaced the seat foam on my husband's chair, about 3 years ago. I think it cost 3 or 400 dollars, but much less expensive than buying a new chair. we were way past the 10 year warranty. His chair is used many hours, daily.
    The recliners are amazingly comfortable, for us. Sometimes, it's the only place my husband can get sleep. Relieves joint pain.
    I don't absolutely love the loveseat. we did when it was in the other home, and enjoyed the dual recliners, but it's not a lay down across the length and recline kind of sofa. Its two formed seats, like two chars side by side. not comfortable to lie on. But, where it is now, it's lightly used, anyway.

I clean and treat the leather three times a year, at least, as I do all my leather furniture. I try for bimonthly, but you know how that goes! Maybe it's the color you chose, but I've had zero difficulty with discoloration with our pieces. Our neighbors have 5 year old light tan pieces, and they don't have issues, either.
    Your furniture store rep is very important in resolving issues. I have a very heavy friend who flung herself down onto the loveseat. Broke a glide. it was an emarrassing situation for everyone concerned. my store rep got it replaced under warranty, even though I couldn't find the receipt. Actually got a full set. My husband and friend replaced it . ( not easy, but youtube videos helped..)

If it's only your husband's chair that's discoloring, you might try a towel or something. In the cars, my husband uses towels or slipcovers, as auto leather is not as good.

• pstein15
    4 years ago

AZFoodie. I have that problem with 2 quality leather recliners. I am on a number of medications. Having done research, I believe that’s the problem. My wife uses an identical recliner. Her recliner headrest looks great after 20 years. I replaced mine. Replacement discolored in 2 months. A shower cap would be an effective solution. I tried the towel route. Looked awful.

For our Stickley sofa, we got a Surefit throw type sofa cover. Comfortable, keeps it new looking. Pet safe for our dog and grandchildren. Just pull it off when guests come. It is a very comfortable corduroy type with silicone paws for gripping.

• User
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Yes I can from experience say that I would not recommend them to anyone. They have gone down hill In quality.

We had our first chair and stool years ago still have it, as good as the day we purchased,

much later we purchased another with stool, the quality is nothing like it was. Leather if sold as quality dyed, the colour should be dyed through! Like a comment

on here, the colour has come off the chair where your head or back goes

Thinking it was dirt I used leather cleaner which made it worse. My Husband puts nothing on his hair, it’s his chair. Foolishly because of where we now live, furniture is not of the best quality, so we decided to have a stressless settee to match his chair. The cost was huge including an extra 350 to get it from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura! We went for a three seater with two of the seats having automatic leg rests. Goodness the weight of the thing! You needed at least four good strong men to get it indoors! Not long afterwards, the seat I sit on went flat and hard. I am the only person using it. I Carry little weight! It caused dreadful sciatica, still have it now! This was a one off cost for us, no option of buying another one.

i went through hoops to get any redress, emails, phone calls, over months! With photos too.

All sorts of very silly excuses and reasons bordering on insulting. In the end I went to the EU ombudsman for the furniture trade! They gave me a ref number along with lots of info.

Suddenly Ekornes emailed to say choose another one! I did, went for minus the leg rests because of that weight. However, although it seems better than the faulty one, the depth of the seat is less! I have long legs so not as comfortable for me. Better than the other one though. to sum it all up! You do not get the quality they advertise, or you pay for! Don’t bother!. PS.

The photo of the green chair now years old! Still perfect!

• User
    4 years ago

this is very old still good

• Louise Hertel
    4 years ago

wow! So many good comments then so many bad comments. Looking at purchasing the Buckingham couch and love seat. And the Mayfair medium chair with foot rest. Along with an Ottoman for one of the coaches. My husband has had 2 back surgeries and loves laying across the couch to get relief but we all stare at him to move when it's time to watch a movie or TV. So the Buckingham high backs recline with an ottoman it might work well. But with all the negative comments now I'm worried. Plus I currently have a tan color couch and was looking at the chocolate or dark green (which is a worry but the chocolate is so dark) Also the palomino leather choice. Should I be concerned? Should I change directions?

I currently have couches from Macy's I've had for over 22 years and they have been great. it's time to replace.

• jrb451
    4 years ago

We have 2 Stressless recliners. Love them. My back thanks me. Just make sure that your DH knows that his days of laying on the couch are over with the Buckingham. He'll have to be content sitting upright or slightly reclined. Every now and then one of us will venture over to the couch for a lie down if we're extra tired. I wouldn't be able to do that with the Buckingham.

• sltsnowbunny14
    3 years ago

@Louise Hertel did you ever take the plunge and purchase the sofa and recliners? After discovering Stressless line we thought we found our future sofa and recliners but since getting home and checking reviews we have some reservations .

• Monica Korber
    3 years ago

My husband and I went to Stickley today and fell in love with the Buckingham couch and loveseat, but now after reading reviews I'm a bit discouraged. We kept our last fabric set for 16 years from Kacey's, but it's time for a replacement. We need to make a decision by Jan 18th, which is when the discount is no longer available.

• sltsnowbunny14
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@Monica Korber we ended up purchasing the the Aurora highback couch, ottoman table and two Admiral chairs. Chairs should be here in two months and the couch in four months. After carefully reading the reviews we just felt the they were only a handful of complaints and there is always someone not happy with something. One review we had to laughed since he claimed the leather with body heat made the leather 100 degrees. Anyone who owns a leather couch knows that's a ridiculous statement. I'm sure if these products are so horrible the company would not be in business this long. If you love the pieces you should go for it! Good luck and happy new year!

• Monica Korber
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Thank you, this was super helpful! I chuckled over the 100°, as well. Good luck with your pieces! And happy new year to you!

• Monica Korber
    3 years ago

@homeownermv, did you ever end up purchasing the set? Curious of your experience and which one you bought?

• Maggie VanDame
    3 years ago

I purchased a Stressless chair and ottoman several years ago. I love this chair. Now we are looking for sofas and just visited the Stressless retailer in our area. We found a sofa that is not a recliner and love the look and feel of it. The only drawback is that it will take four months to receive it in our color choice. The furniture is high quality in comparison to the leather set we had for about 9 years which faded in the seating area. That set was expensive. I truly think my Stressless chair‘s leather upholstery is excellent quality.

No fading.

We have a new custom home. So, I think we will be going with Stressless.

• pstein15
    3 years ago

I guess you got a good one.

• User
    3 years ago

Yes I agree with that! Definitely not the quality it was.

• smarterthandog
    2 years ago

Is there another brand I can compare this with, that does a similar minimalistic style? I don't care for overstuffed, heavy looking furniture.

• pstein15
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

To Lynn McNamara. Your comment on your long legs. That’s something we never considered when we bought furniture. We are both short. We never had comfortable furniture. Nine years ago, we went shopping again, and sat in a Stickley couch and it was perfect. The light went on. Picking furniture sized for your body type, is critical to being comfortable. The seating depth on the one we sat on, is sized for smaller people. It’s important to measure the seating depth. Being retired, my wife lives in the couch. A TV addict. I spend a lot of time on it also. It is still supremely comfortable. We wasted so much money over the years, buying expensive furniture not sized correctly for our body. We have a Surefit large throw cover over our fabric couch. We expect it to last as long as we live.

We also bought a Stickley Mission chair and ottoman. Fell in love with the style. Big mistake. It is designed for large people. It is useful for large visitors. $ 4000 nine years ago and we can’t use it.

I understand your anguish well.

• sltsnowbunny14
    2 years ago

We finally received our sofa and chairs and I'm happy to report that we love them! The first week or two was an adjustment since we were so used to our old crappy sofa and loveseat and would lay down on them vs sitting down. I'm 5'3 and I have no problems with the sofa. The Aurora is a recling sofa so I usually do have my feet up on the ottoman but when sitting upright my feet rest on the floor. The Admiral chairs are size large for my husband who is 6'4 and medium for myself. I do find myself alternating between the couch and chair. We are definitely happy with our purchase.

• Louise Hertel
    2 years ago

sltsnowbunny14 Can you let me know how comfortable the Aurora couch is lying back as designed and long across the couch like you sleep on other couches? Your picture looks very inviting.

• pstein15
    2 years ago

I just created an Ekorne Stressless discussion. We just bought the Stressless Mary fixed loveseat. It’s very comfortable and has a killer look. Someone special ordered it and the wrong option came in. It’s Paloma silver gray. The customer refused it. The store reduced it from $ 4600 to $ 3000. It’s the exact color we wanted. The Mary is very plush and the bottom has a lot more leather than the Buckingham. Wood walnut trim. Compare the bottoms. We are thinking of ordering the Stressless footstool but it’s priced at $ 1300. I think that’s excessive. It’s the same footstool that comes with the Mayfair recliner. We have a 48 inch Stickley gray leather ottoman, a darker gray, that we’ll use.

We are long time customers of the store, family owned for 60 years, and we find it hard to believe they would keep carrying a product that will cause dissatisfied customers. For those familiar with ”My Furniture Forum,” the owner mentioned he likes the brand and tried to get it, but the investment was too high. His positive comments swayed me.

• HU-842537423
    2 years ago

We have the Mary 3 power seat sofa….find it very difficult to get to the controls on the side of the recliners particularly the side where it is under the cushioned armrest….any suggestions

• pstein15
    2 years ago

Can’t help there but the Stickley sofas also have the controls in an awkward place. Their controls are hidden inside the cushion area. We looked at the Mary 3 seater and it really is an impressive looking sofa. Beyond my retiree budget and too large as we have a full size Stickley in the same room. We planned on giving the 10 year old, but still pristine Stickley to one of kids but you know the story. They don’t want their parents’ furniture.

• pstein15
    2 years ago

SLsnowbunny14.

Beautifully designed room. The room would have looked blah if the chairs were the same color as the the sofa.

• pstein15
    2 years ago

SLsnowbunny14.

Does the large storage ottoman in front of the sofa work for you? While the look is great, it seems awkward to use as a sofa ottoman. We are leaning of getting the chair ottoman as it seems more comfortable and is easier to maneuver.

• pstein15
    2 years ago

FYI everyone following this thread. Costco has the Magic recliner and footstool in a cream color for $ 2995. It is available for selected zip codes. Costco provides their own warranty so no Stressless warranty is a non issue. They also had the Arion loveseat but it just disappeared from their site. There is only one size and it is not disclosed.

If you order furniture online from Costco, and they deliver with Gold Glove service, they will pick it up for free if don’t like it. No real time limit. If you pick it up at the store, you must return it to the store. If you don’t get Gold Glove service, you must keep all the packaging and return that too.

I’m familar with their policies because I’m returning a leather power recliner sofa, after 90 days. I did get Gold Glove. The power motion has failed twice and I just don’t want to deal with any more power sofas. Too bad because we really liked it.

• pstein15
    2 years ago

Still another point. Loveseat size. The Stressless loveseats come in many different sizes. The Mary we just purchased is about 72 inches. The Arion that Costco had is about 56 inches. That’s a big diiference. I want some decent space.

• HU-842537423
    2 years ago

The controls under the padded armrest are difficult to get to particularly for an older person with arthritis…

• pstein15
    2 years ago

Received our Stressless Mary stationary loveseat. The seating area is very generous and the width of each cushion is 29 inches. The armrest is about 10 inches wide per side. There is room for 3 adults, but the middle adult will be sitting over the center crack. We were worried there wouldn’t be room for 25 pound dog, but no problem there. He loves the sloping generous armrests which are sufficiently padded. The depth is well suited for larger people. We are on the smaller side and my wife at 4’10 uses her soft Boppy behind her back. The look is stunning. The loveseat is stable and does not move when placed on a hard floor.

Before making our decision, we test drove the wave loveseat and one other in stock. Both were uncomfortable. The others had a reclining back. The stationary Mary does not.

We plan on ordering the Aurora classic footrest for my wife. Although not a pattern match (the Mayfair is the pattern match), my wife seems to need a footrest or ottoman that is as close as possible to the seating height of the loveseat. The Mayfair footrest is too low. The Aurora signature is too high. The sales rep mentioned she never had anyone order a footrest separately. I’m guess the ottoman is considered the preferable look for a sofa. My wife liked the ease of in/out that the footrest allowed. The Aurora footrest is very impressive looking on its own, and is included with the $ 4000 Aurora recliner.

• pstein15
    2 years ago

Change of plans. Went down to order the footrest. They had a Rock Gray small Mayfair on the floor with the footstool, for immediate delivery. My wife is 4’10, sat in it and immediately wanted it. I made sure the sales rep wrote, ”Full Stressless Warranty.” We also selected the elipse table as the free accessory. My wife said she would have paid the $ 495 price, if it wasn’t part of the promotion.

• User
    2 years ago

I just wish they would revert back to the quality of years ago! When we bought another chair, we paid for the best quality leather, it’s not possible we got what we paid for, the colour has rubbed off the back. It now looks dirty! You would not think it possible, the leather is supposedly dyed right through! Again I can point out our old original, still in perfect condition. There is definitely something wrong now with Stressless.

• pstein15
    2 years ago

Lynn. That’s very disappointing. There are enough negative comments to have turned me off Stressless products. Then, why did I buy the loveseat, chair and ottoman? My dealer has been in business 60 years. I have purchased Stickley products from them. They immediately took care of a crack in an ottoman leg. They even gave me a refund when my Stickley sofa and ottoman went on sale shortly after my purchase. No hassle. I asked myself. Would all these high end retailers keep selling Stressless if the problems were commonplace? The answer is no.

I did have discoloration of a high end leather recliner. I later realized it was a combination of medication and a balding head. We bought two identical recliners. After 20 years, my wife’s headrest looked brand new. I replaced my headrest after 12 years, when it suddenly became discolored. The new one became discolored after a few months. The balder I got, the stronger my medication, the quicker the leather discolored. There are reasons that leather becomes discolored. I now wear a very thin hoodie when laying my head back on leather.

• pstein15
    2 years ago

Update on our purchase.

Factors affecting our review.

Age. Middle 70s.

My wife has physical issues and goes for therapy. We had to trade in our sedan for a crossover, as she was in pain each time she entered and exited.

1. The Mayfair recliner in small - my wifes chair. She loves it. Although manual, she says she now has her power recliner. It’s that easy to sit on and lean back on. My wife doesn’t have the strength to use a regular recliner. Easy to sit down, easy to get up. A plus purchase.

2. The Mary stationary loveseat. It is totally stationary. Nothing moves. I’m the only one sitting on it. The seat is on the harder side. You don’t notice that when you sit on the floor model for a few minutes. The harder seat makes it easier to get up. Overall, I’m “okay,” with the comfort level. Not as comfortable as our 8 year old Stickley fabric sofa, but a lot nicer looking. Hard seating is easy to deal with. There are so many available cushions. People bring cushions to sporting events to place on wood seats. I find the seatbacks very comfortable. The Mary is stunning looking. It’s a compromise. Giving up some comfort for the appearance. I wouldn’t recommend it for all day seating in front of the TV, but fine for several hours at a time.

• Louise Hertel
    2 years ago

I have the stationary Maryfair Medium and my husband has the Power Mayfair Large. We love them. We also have the powered two seat Mary (loveseat). The power is great as it does make it so comfy for watching TV. The leather on all of them are so nice (all the same color). I also purchased the round glass/chrome tables. It’s been now near 3 months and I’m very happy with the purchases. My husband is very protective of his chair and he keeps it extended until I make him close it for vacumming. lol. So it’s all good. The Mary was the most comfortable of all the couches we sat in by Stressless. And it is beautiful. We feel we made a great choice. No problems 3 months out.

• pstein15
    last year

Curious if the complaints are from people that ordered online or never sat in the model they bought.

People ordering online may have some assembly issues. Also, a store many miles away can’t readily help you with issues. Costco has a great deal on the Stressless Magic, ( $ 1999, yes $ 1999), but it’s only available in limited zip codes, and only in cream, and only in one size. One buyer complained she just couldn’t put it together and sent it back. Stressless also requires you to go through your retailer, with issues. We purchased locally, and both the Mary loveseat and Mayfair recliner were delivered and set up by the retailer’s employees, not a third party. My wife is 4”10, and the small Mayfair is perfect for her. The lumber support is in the right spot, as is the headrest. A larger size would have changed her comfort level. I’m now looking at ordering the Stressless Wing recliner, at the current $ 400 off promotion. But– only if my retailrer has several sizes in stock that I can test.

• pstein15
    last year

Louise H. The Mary sofa and loveseats are stunning. We were actually looking at Stickley sofa reciners. Can you believe they are priced around $ 13,000 before discounts. Then we stumbled upon the Stressless Mary loveseat in paloma silver gray. It is totally stationary. No part of it reclines. Not even the head area. We never had the Stressless brand, and were aware of the mixed reviews. It was ordered with the wrong option and the customer refused it. It was reduced from $ 4600 to $ 3000. Too stunning to pass up. Of course, that one loveseat became expensive as it was the just beginning of of our Stressless purchases.

The Mary has several killer features. The width of the seating cushions. Twenty nine inches. The width of arms, 8 inches each, wrapped with leather and with wood trim. At 74 inches, it’s a large loveseat. But most appealing, is that even the stationary model has the identical look of the reclining models, where the leather at the bottom makes it look so much more luxurious than the other Stressless sofas.

• User
    last year

May I please say? Many places do not allow you to sit on the things, or lie etc! To me it’s astounding? But true. Just before Christmas we called in a large multi store, just browsing, went up the stairs where the furniture was, two minutes! and the lady was over, warning us not to touch or sit. The first time I actually experienced this, was years ago in Poland, I was told not to touch the carpets and rugs! This is unthinkable in the UK. I am in the canaries islands, there are notices telling you not to sit on the furniture. We sent for our Stressless settee, going on past experience, we had two chairs. But never again!

• pstein15
    last year

To Maggie VanDame. What did you decide on? We have had our Mary stationary loveseat for 2 1/2 months. It is very comfortable on the back. The lumbar support is evident. Based on our assessment, we purchased an in stock Mayfair recliner in the small size, for my wife. She has back and leg problems and she loves it. She spends about 12 hours a day in it, watching TV. I just ordered the Wing in the same color as hers. About a 4 month wait. My recliners are rock gray, while the sofa is silver gray. Mary is an interesting loveseat. At about 75 inches, it’s actually a smaller sofa size. Unfortunately, these sofas and loveseats are modular, so it has two large seat cushions, which really limits seating to two people. I wish it was a single cushion, so three could sit on it.

• pstein15
    last year

I noticed the Mary had a big increase in price. In February 2022, the stationary loveseat was $ 4700. It’s now $ 5200. That’s quite a jump.

• HU-441803932
    last year

Don't worry, we have the identical sofa at our house. There are numerous reasons why it is worthwhile. Here are some firsthand accounts of how it provides comfort, total relaxation, and high quality. It has been in our home for over 28 years and has a customizable option. You can go for that.

• pstein15
    last year

Customizable option? Interesting. I know they are modular. I was thinking we could add an armless power unit in the middle.

• HU-631921170
    last year

I bought the stressless Mary couch and chair both of which totaled over $13,000 (USD)! I bought this around June 2022 and in just 3 months the seats became uncomfortable to the point where the store i bought it from had to get the seats replaced.

The new seats also turned out to be defective in 3 months and the seats are so uncomfortable that i am having lower back pain.

I now have to pay 12% re-stocking charge to the store i bought it from just to take this TERRIBLE furniture away!

DO NOT BUY!

• pstein15
    last year

12% Restocking free. That’s a good store being willing to take it back for a 12% fee. We bought the loveseat, which is as large as many sofas. The loveseat consists of the two sofa end seats. Add a middle piece and you have the sofa. Three connected pieces. We also purchased 2 chairs, the Mayfair and the Wing. I do wish my Wing had more padding, but it is great for my back. I sat in the Magic and it was glorious, but two Magic chairs and the loveseat exceeded my budget. Due to the room layout, we usually sit in the chairs to watch TV, and the loveseat for socializing. When I need cushy, I switch to the Mary loveseat.

I feel the Mary is designed for large people. We are not. It’s too large for my 4 10” wife. She still uses it, but needs a back pillow. I am down to 5 7”, 172 pounds. It’s a work of art and I love the Mary.

• HU-752102184
    last year

When I saved to furnish my first home I shopped endlessly for a sofa/loveseat. Just about everything I sat on was nothing more than cushion. Some I would sink down in and have trouble getting up. I was in my thirties. I realized the importance of support so I started focusing on firmness. I ran across a stressless Grandada sofa set at a local store and loved it; however, the store would not sell one piece. It was a closeout sale. I ended up ordering a loveseat. Twenty-one years has passed and I still have the loveseat. It is now looking to be replaced. I ended up, over the years, with an entire stressless living room- chair, ottoman, etc. Last week I ordered a new living room- Max chair, Oslo sofa, side table, and I am keeping my ottoman and chair I already have. During this time my relatives have gone through 2-3 lazy boys and the same number of fabric sofas. It is true that you can buy for less and buy more often or get one that lasts longer and pay more. Usually the last longer also come with support if anything is wrong. I had an issue at 10 years and Ekornes dealer fixed it free. They replaced the rods in the one side of the loveseat. I too see the way things are changing. I hope that sort of business continues or we might as well all buy throw away furniture.

• pstein15
    last year

Let us know how you like the max. It’s a nice looking piece. It would be especially good for a smaller living rooms. The ottomans in front of our 2 Stressless chairs do take up a lot of space in our condo family room. After the bad experience I had with our Costco power sofa, I was just too afraid to go with power.

• bfamily4b
    5 months ago

I bought the Mary motion loveseat (both seats recline with articulating headrest) and the Mary recliner. They are really nice looking pieces of furniture. They are firmer than l remember when trying them out in the store, especially the headrest. I am 5’2” tall and in order for my feet to touch the floor when sitting, l have to place a decorative pillow behind my back. I also find that when all mechanisms are in starting positions, the seat backs are 90 degrees to to seat. It reminds me of sitting in an airplane seat in the upright position. Hopefully, there is a break-in period; otherwise, these are very firm. For this to be ergonomically correct, there seems to be a couple of pressure points I could do without.

• pstein15
    5 months ago

I can understand your problem. The seats in the Mary are very large. My wife is 4 ft 10 and she rarely uses it. She uses and loves the Mayfair in the small size. It is absolutely perfect for her. It is basically a power recliner without the power. It stops wherever you want it. An infinite number of positions. Those come with Ottomans so perfect for her height.

The Mary Loveseat is as large as most sofas. Two enormous seats fit for Sumo wrestlers. We put a large angled sleeping wedge on the floor next to it. Out little dog loves scampering up and down, and it’s his favorite daytime sleeping space.

• bfamily4b
    5 months ago

It is frustrating trying to find the perfect chair. It sounds as though the Mayfair is better suited for my size and has more positions which is always a plus. With this new knowledge, I’ll try the Mayfair. Thank you !

• N P
    4 months ago

Just got my ~15k stressless emily delivered after a few weeks and i prefer my ugly rooms to go sabella. im a 5’6 man and the emily is just plain uncomfortable. The padding isn’t supportive. The back is completely flat so your spine has little support. Its like sitting against a padded wall.

The actual seat itself is just 17 inches but it feels less because the first few inches are pure padding so the back of your knee doesn’t feel supported. Honestly it feels a bit like sitting on a stool because it’s so low to the ground and the seat is so narrow. If your legs are up and your sitting ok your side your knees will be dipping off the front.

Just an uncomfortable couch overall.

seeing and sitting on it a few times is not enough and I hope the store I bought it come can even give me half of my money back.

• bfamily4b
    4 months ago

I would love to sell my Stressless Mary loveseat and if anyone wants it, you’ll get a bargain at two months old. My husband loves it and many people do. I like very soft cushions and the Mary is firm.