Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soleil65

Henredon sectional - okay price??$5999

soleil65
12 years ago

Can anyone tell me if $5999 is an okay price for a floor model custom sectional made by Henredon. Beautifully made, very comfy...just wondering on the price.

Thank you for reading

Comments (16)

• LuAnn_in_PA
    12 years ago

Depends on the type of padding and quality of fabric....

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    12 years ago

No way!! I sold furniture for years and that price is way out of line for a floor model. There would be no reason to pay that much for the nicest brand-new leather with 8-way hand-tied frame and gold-plated rivets.

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    9 years ago

Like the previous post, depends on the fabric. Henredon is not what it use to be, plywood frame and all. Fireside is the original traditional custom program. Refinements is the cleaner contemporary line. For instance a H7700-C sofa in grade F fabric; dealer costs starts at 1382.00
    Henredon is built in the same plant as Drexel. Beginning next year Henredon/Drexel Heritage will be built in the same plant as Broyhill, Thomasville and Lane. Cut & sew in Mexico.

• freethinker99
    9 years ago

Check out the consturction details, frame, spring, coverings and then you can make a better judgement.

• PRO
    Elite Interiors & Furniture Gallery
    9 years ago

Cut & sewn are usually for "married covers" which Henredon has some in leather. Custom upholstered Henredon is still made in US. Lane was not included in the purchase of the other Heritage Home companies & is now a separate company.

• Lori Geist
    3 years ago

We are selling our gorgeous, pristine condition, large Henredon sofa. We originally paid $9,000. We moved and it doesn’t work in our new home.

• PRO
    Homestead House, LLC
    3 years ago

Lori, when & where did you buy your Henredon sofa?

• PRO
    Homestead House, LLC
    3 years ago

Can you post a photo of the sofa?

• Lori Geist
    3 years ago

Hello. We purchased it 7 years ago From LOI, custom order. Non smoking home. It was in our basement which was rarely used.

• Lori Geist
    3 years ago

Here is a pic

• PRO
    Homestead House, LLC
    3 years ago

L-Shaped Sectional (2 sofas). Nice fabric.. However, resell on even high-end upholstery/furniture is a challenge. I would see if you have any takers for $2,000. My goal would be to send it to another home for a second life. I would also promote it to some of your friends that are familiar with it. Good Luck

• Lori Geist
    3 years ago

Wonderful advice. Thank you so much!

• plkeenan
    3 years ago

Did you find a home for your sectional?

• Mary Anne
    2 years ago

I have a 3 piece Hendredon sectional 10x10. New in 1995 for $7800. I had it reupholstered 2015 and could use a face lift. Question can the two couch sections get arms put on it? If not should I reupholster again or buy new? Everything I see today is really cheaply made.

• PRO
    Homestead House, LLC
    2 years ago

To have arms added probably would be costly. Your Henredon frame is most likely good for many years, but to modify (which can be done).... I would look at Taylor King, Sherrill, Hickory White, Century for the same quality as your Henredon. Today, all of these companies offer a changeable arm/base program where you can customize it with no additional cost other than the fabric grade.

No matter how these companies make the frame, in 40 years I have never fixed a frame. So don't go into the rabbit hole with some of these commenters. All these factories are great!!

The benefit of ordering in your case, a new sofa, is that all the parts are new, springs, cushions, and the such. Your sectional is 27 years old.. probably needs new cushions which the quality you have cant be purchased locally.