Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Henredon sectional - okay price??$5999

Posted by soleil65 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 11, 11 at 0:44

Can anyone tell me if $5999 is an okay price for a floor model custom sectional made by Henredon. Beautifully made, very comfy...just wondering on the price.

Thank you for reading

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Henredon sectional - okay price??$5999

Depends on the type of padding and quality of fabric....

o

No way!! I sold furniture for years and that price is way out of line for a floor model. There would be no reason to pay that much for the nicest brand-new leather with 8-way hand-tied frame and gold-plated rivets.

o

I just wanted to chip in on the Henredon Sectional. In Fireside, a grade C love wedge love sectional would price at a good sale price around $7499. So $5999 would be a great price. Leather in either Henredon or Hancock & Moore would run in the $12-14K range contrary to the above post. Flexsteel (mid price point) in fabric can range in the + $3K and Lexington in +$5,000. It just depends on the features you are interested in. Henredon, Sherrill, Taylor King, with similar features will run around the same price in their "pick your arm" programs.

o

Like the previous post, depends on the fabric. Henredon is not what it use to be, plywood frame and all. Fireside is the original traditional custom program. Refinements is the cleaner contemporary line. For instance a H7700-C sofa in grade F fabric; dealer costs starts at 1382.00
Henredon is built in the same plant as Drexel. Beginning next year Henredon/Drexel Heritage will be built in the same plant as Broyhill, Thomasville and Lane. Cut & sew in Mexico.

o

Check out the consturction details, frame, spring, coverings and then you can make a better judgement.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here