Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lkangela

W. Schillig Review

lkangela
17 years ago

I came around a few months ago looking for info about the W. Schillig brand from Germany. I didn't find much first hand opinion so I figured I'd weigh in for the next guy/gal.

I found out that a modern leather sectional is a rare beast, particularly in the non-Lignet-Roset/BB Italia price range. It was almost impossible to find anthing that wasn't poofy, curvy or otherwise completely wrong (it seems like there is more hideous leather furniture out there than not, regardless of style), until I found the W. Schillig stuff. And fortunately for me it also happened to be on sale...still pretty expensive by my need-to-furnish-an-entire-house standards, but when you find the PERFECT sofa for a room, it's like falling in love, isn't it?

I ordered a leather sectional, the San Tropez with a three seater and an extra wide chaise in chocolate brown pebble leather ( I think it's semi-aniline) with contrast stitching. It took exactly three months from order to delivery. I purchased it from Marshall Fields (which changed to Macy's over the course of my wait).

It was SO worth the three months it took. It is absolutely gorgeous. I can't get enough of the look and feel of leather. I looked at lots of "high end" leather furniture in my quest and this is far and away the nicest looking and feeling I've seen. It's even nicer than I remember or was expecting. The best part is it's really comfortable, another extreme rarity in the modern genre and with the straight lined angular look.

There are several other W. Schillig styles that I really like and I'll definitely be saving my pennies for a couple more pieces for another room.

Overall, HIGHLY recommended.

Comments (7)

• jimandsandyw_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I just got my Schillig Titan tufted delivered. It took over three months to have it delivered. IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT. I feel it was expensive but if you want to splurge it is a good value. The craftsmanship is great. It was easy to design to fit the space. It is outrageously comfortable without being a huge over stuffed eye sore. If I have any problems will post but as of now I recommend the investment. Had a big party for July fourth and everyone comment how great the couch is.

• teresa_godette
    8 years ago

I received my W. Schilling San Tropez brown sectional last week. It is a good looking stylish sofa; however, after sitting on it for any extended time it is hard and uncomfortable. After purchasing it, I discovered that it is made in China not Europe. I'm hoping that the quality of the sofa is good because as you know, the price is not cheap. If you are looking for comfort and style, I would not recommend this sectional!

• Yaël Molko
    8 years ago

I wish I saw this review before I purchased mine. I am returning mine and getting the Telluride sectional in cognac color. I am hoping that it will be more comfortable.

• Heather Sirlin
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

We have the Napoli recliner in dark taupe leather - we love it! We got the tufted version which I would recommend because with tufting the little stretches that naturally occur over time with leather don't show but also it gives the couch a more modern, tailored look.

This was a quite expensive sofa but I believe offers excellent value. It looks like it is going to last for a very long time; the leather is gorgeous and very durable, all three sections recline (which has proven to be more useful than we thought), and for a high backed recliner, it is actually quite attractive. There is plenty of room for three people to sit very comfortably and yet the overall size of the sofa is relatively compact. The reclining mechanism works well (although it's a bit noisy) and makes for a very comfortable couch. Also, where the couch is placed in our home means that the back is always visible and the quality of workmanship even shows on the back of the couch.

I agree with the person who said the cushions are quite firm but we like the support that offers and after about 9 months of use, the couch looks the same as it did the day we brought it home - and this couch gets constant, tough use.

• User
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I waited eight months for a Kristina model. The electric foot rest failed on the right side. I replaced the ram three times. I wrote to Schillig's email address,info@schillig.de. No one ever replied. The only solution was purchasing an Ottoman for the right side of the couch. Disappointed in the electrics, disappointed in the "German Engineering," disappointed in Schillig's lack of support.

Any other couch would be a step up.

• HU-291479610
    2 months ago

I ordered a Primanti sectionslsectional. The wrong one was delivered. i ordered a right facibg chaise meaning that when you are looking at the sectional, the chaise is on the right side. i even sent a picture of the wxact sectional i wanted from Schillig's website. The dealer ordered it and his purchase order to Schillig stated RFC which standa for right facing chaise. Betty from Schillig interpretted that as a LAF which stabda for Left Arm Facing (term used by S hillig) which she stated is actually the bumper piece with the ratched cushion on the right when looking at the sectional. so, I was sent the wrong one. schillig is unwilling to exchsnge the swctional for the one I ordered wnd blamed it on me. Further, the liner on the bottom of tge sectional has holes in it. Betty said thry fo jot warranty that liner but she would find the fabric and send me the fabric to sew a new kiner on myself. i paid $6K for this plus $1K for shipping. I have purchased several sectionals over the last several years from Schillig, as well. As aloyal and repeat customer, I expect better service. Now, Im stuck with a sectionsl that is damaged and that wont look riight in my space. Betty was rude and unwilling to help in anyway. screw Schillig.