Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craigslist find: should I buy this dining set?

Posted by PAINTEDPEGGIES (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 21:16

It is a Pottery Barn dining room set . They are only asking $125, and it is about an hour away. It also comes with two other brand rush seat black armchairs I feel like I will regret it if I don't get them. Right now I have a honey oak set that I have been DYING to paint because it is way too tan for my taste.

But the work involved in painting it seems a ton...and I probably would spend more on paint/labor than I would on this Craigslist set...

photo POTTERY_zps8cbea924.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craigslist find: should I buy this dining set?

You have probably already made a decision, but I just wanted to encourage you to spray paint that old table. These two web sites got me excited about painting my old furniture.

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2013/09/howtospraypaintfurnituretutorial.html

http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2013/10/spray-painting-furniture-revisited/

o
RE: craigslist find: should I buy this dining set?

I can't see the set on Craigs list but I think it looks great and with the two other chairs included. I don't see how you can go wrong even for just the chairs. Ask if it is a current picture and not an old picture from when they purchased the set.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here