Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Ethan Allen made in the USA?

Posted by holly-kay (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 19:50

I recently went to EA and liked a lot of their furniture. I ordered four rush bottom chairs for my breakfast table. While there I talked to a decorator and she came to our home measured and laid out the living room that we are redecorating.

I just met with her to go over her fabric suggestions etc. and she said the furniture would take twelve weeks from the time I placed the order. My rush bottom chairs are only supposed to be six weeks.Twelve weeks seems like a long time if the product is made in the US. So do you know? I really like Smith brothers and I know that it is made in the states.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Ethan Allen made in the USA?

I used to live in NC. On a flight, I was seated next to a person who had worked for a long time in the furniture industry - I'm not sure his position but he was pretty high up in an administrative type of job. He told me that most of the companies in NC that used to manufacture in the USA now manufacture in China and have been doing so for years.

I know that Flexsteel and Old Hickory Tannery still manufacture in the US, and I believe also Stickley. I don't think EA does.

o

Ordered 6 upholstered (custom) dining chairs from EA this year. They were made Mexico. Spendy, we are very pleased with the quality.
~bgj

o

Most of EA is not USA made.

Some Stickley is made in Viet Nam.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here