Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are there differences in bed frames?

Posted by tater1112 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 22, 09 at 18:00

My husband and I are shopping for a new mattress - one of the stores we went to offers just one type of metal frame (which is what I experienced last time I bought a mattress). The other store has 3 different frames available - of course, the salesman wants us to get the most expensive one "because it will give the mattress the support it needs".

Is there any reason to upgrade from the cheap-o frame? Would I do just as well looking for a frame from freecycle? We are changing from a double to a queen, or I would just reuse the frame we already have.

If it matters, we don't have a headboard or anything that needs to attach to the frame.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are there differences in bed frames?

There are differences in bed frames, but if your mattress store only offers one choice it's probably perfectly adequate. The main thing to keep in mind when moving from a full size to a queen is that the frame needs to have a center support bar. Also, if you have a choice I would select a frame with glides rather than casters. Casters break. Glides don't.

o
RE: Are there differences in bed frames?

Thanks for sharing information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here