Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to purchase Hickory Chair and Century furniture

Posted by tiamaria (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 23, 11 at 17:23

Where can I get the best prices for Hickory Chair or Century furniture? I'm designing a master bedroom in an eclectic style and find these manufacturers have wonderful finishes and style. They're modern styles aren't too modern but maintain a sense of tradition.

Does anyone discount either of these lines?

I'm almost afraid to check on prices since I'm sure the customization comes with a hefty price tag and I always like furniture I can't afford then give up.

I am planning on hanging the tv on the wall over an elegant credenza which means my other wall needs a piece with height or to have a tall chest. All of this in a clean but not modern style. I want to mix in elements of tradition by way of hardware and accessories.

Hope someone can help.

Mrs T

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to purchase Hickory Chair and Century furniture

I see you live in New Jersey.....close enough to drive down to Farmville, Virginia to visit the amazing Green Front Furniture. It's a furniture/Oriental carpet/accessories store that consists of 9 old tobacco warehouse converted into an amazing furniture experience. They carry high and mid grades of furniture, including Hickory Chair and Century, at discounted prices. They carry thousands of hand-knotted Oriental carpets from India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and other locations .. "the equivalent of 5 football fields of Oriental carpets". It's definitely worth a drive down...there are B&Bs or local lodging and some nice restaurants for a weekend. I especially recommend Charley's Waterfront Cafe actually located at Green Front -- excellent food, good wine list and a great way to relax and unwinde after a fabulous day of shopping.

Check out the web link I've attached.

Beth, who has purchased furniture and many Oriental carpets there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Front Furniture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here