Houzz Logo Print
ollabolla_gw

american leather sofa bed

ollabolla
13 years ago

the american leather sofa bed is worth every dollar I paid

for it & I recommended it anyone who needs an extra bed for

guests or a sofa bed because of a small apartment. I bought

a pillowy mattress topper from bed & bath which made the sofa bed perfect-at first I thought the mattress was too hard. it's comfortable to sit on - lot's of tush & leg space! i don't understand the people who complain about

AL. it's an expensive piece of furniture & I went to the

store a few times & sat on it reading for a while(almost an hour each time & had the

salesperson open it twice so i could lay down on it.

I am thinking of getting another one for a new house.

Comments (6)

• sparkliee
    11 years ago

How long did it take for your new sofa cushions to relax and be comfortable. Our Amrerican Leather sofa arrived yesterday. Microfiber. And it feels stff and overstuffed. Very uncomfortable to sit very long. I'm hoping this is jost temporary.

• joseph004
    11 years ago

Interesting post.A leather sofa bed is a stylish and functional way to add guest living space to any living room. Home furnishing is not complete without a set of luxury sofas. Although, there are several variants, but leather sofas stands on top of furniture popularity chart. The charm, comfort, durability, and the elegance provided by them, make it favorite of every homeowner.

This post was edited by joseph004 on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 4:59

• albertashopper
    11 years ago

I recently purchased a vacation home in Palm Springs and will be furnishing it. I would like a sofa/bed for the living room to be used as both a sofa and bed. I love the design, fabrics, and colours, but am concerned about purchasing due to the complaints I have read on the internet (Cushion firmness initiallyand loss of firmness after use, customer service, materials, etc). I would look at other companies if I receive some recommendations. I have slept on old style sofa bed and the mattress and springs were awful. I don't want to repeat this experience. Any recmmendations? Has anyone who has owned American Leather Sofa for awhile had good experience? Would you recommend and if so, any suggestions. Help!

• freethinker99
    11 years ago

I just spent some time at the American Leather showroom in High Point NC at a recent trade show. I made an effort to have a good look at their sleep sofas and how they are engineered. They do have a nice program and as there is no bar you would never feel one. The mattress is in segments and slides out from the cavity of the sofa. They were fairly comfortable although I found them to be a little on the firm side. perhaps with use they soften. It is a product worth looking at.

• wink3956
    10 years ago

Hey all. I cannot recommend the American Leather brand at all, except maybe one of their beds. Their customer service is the worst as well. I have found their sofas to be very uncomfortable (sitting position is not good) and chaise cushion design is poor and prone to fail within months.

Here is a link that might be useful: More info regarding American Leather

• brachl
    10 years ago

We have an American Leather sofa bed in Heathered Flannel that we bought In January It is in our guest room/my office. It is extremely comfortable to sleep on. It is fine to sit on, although not the most comfortable couch. Since its primary purpose is for guests to sleep on, we are ok with the way it sits. We did need to order special sleeper sofa sheets for it, as our regular sheets were much too deep.