Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carpediem12_gw

Dining room - Bermex? Bassett? Other?

Carpediem12
9 years ago

I need a dining room table that is no wider than 36" and about 78" long (or longer) plus 6 chairs. I have had Bermex in the kitchen and have been pretty happy with the quality of it but the water and stain resistant finish is starting to bubble up. I think it is about 12 years old. The chairs are still solid. I like the look of the Bassett rectangle table top and the chairs that they have with the metal in the back of the chair for the cross pieces. The table has leaves so it could be made long enough. The Bassett tables and chairs are part of their pick the legs, table top, and chairs - delivery in 30 days program. The Bassett top also has some sort of finish on it. Anyone have any experience with it? Anyone have any opinion about quality of either set? I hate wiggly chairs! Recommendations for any other reasonably priced dining room furniture? This is for a modern dark wood cabinets stainless steel appliances kitchen open to dining area townhouse. I like the look of the Bassett java finish and the nickel finish metal chair backs. Bermex is very similar but no metal chair backs. I would like to not have to worry too much about rings on the table from wet glasses so I am wondering about the finish on the Bassett table top. Thanks!

Comments (2)