Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steph_mountains

Looking for information on Kaymed mattress

steph_mountains
15 years ago

Is anyone familiar with the Kaymed Mattress line - specificially the Revive model which is a Talalay latex mattress. It was heavenly in the store but I am coming off a bad mattress experience and cannot afford to make another mistake. I am especially concerned about their durability (no impressions after a short time!). If you have some experience with Kaymed I would love to know about it. Thank you.

Comments (5)

• wildboar
    15 years ago

We just purchased the top of the line visco foam model yesterday from Denver Mattress. However, it takes 3 weeks to deliver - I guess it must ship from Ireland after you order... Their model looks like the Indulge model on the website but has some different materials in the topper, including latex. In the store it felt better than any other bed and everything I've read on the web so far has been positive. Durability-wise, I would imagine they are probably better than the competition considering they have been producing medical beds for so long. As long as their airflow system works as advertised it should be a great night's sleep!

• steph_mountains
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We did purchase the Kaymed Revive mattress about six weeks ago and couldn't be happier with it. It is so comfortable and I have been sleeping wonderfully on it - no aches and pains like with my previous mattress. It has a good warranty (better than most other mattresses) so I am optimisic that it will hold up for several years with the same comfort level that I am experiencing now.

• wildboar
    15 years ago

We've had our Kaymed Rejuvenation for about 2 months now and I don't think I could go back to a conventional spring mattress. Denver Mattress sells this model under the Rejuvenation name which is closest to the Indulge model in the Kaymed Spa Series line. When you hear visco-elastic foam you immediately think Tempurpedic, but this thing is nothing like the original Tempurpedics. Construction-wise it looks like their highest models which are almost twice the price of the Kaymed.

You literally feel like you are floating on it and the absence of springs pushing back against your body is foreign for the first month. When you lay down you keep expecting to feel something pushing back against you. However, it is very supportive at the same time.

My favorite aspect of the bed is that it fixed my chronic tailbone/coccyx pain that I have had for almost a decade. After a month I realized much of the pain had gone away and after 2 months it was completely gone. Considering the amount of time and money I have spent over the last 10 years on physical therapy, chiropractors and massage therapists, the purchase price of the bed was trivial.

• no1_verizonmail_com
    15 years ago

We are delighted beyond words with our Kaymed mattress. We took a very expensive route to get to it. We spent just shy of $7,000 on Tempur-Pedic mattresses and adjustable frames. We were disappointed beyond words. They were replaced once because the indentation was so deep and wouldn't recover. They were hot and smelly. I went back to the store where we purchased the TP mattresses and the worked with us to get them resold since it was past the 90 day return period. I went around the store and tried out the Kaymed bed. I was very sure the one model that was all Talalay latex and was quite firm was the model we wanted. I wanted absolutely nothing to do with memory foam ever again. No chemicals from a man made foam.
    We've now had our Kaymed mattresses for 6 months and we couldn't be happier. There are no indentations and we even use them on the adjustable frames. They return to their original shape immediately. They aren't hot like the memory foam. The have no smell like the memory foam. We are absolutely satisfied beyond words with Kaymed. They are worth waiting for and it really isn't that long. They are worth the cost which is more than we can say for the TP mattresses.
    KAYMED mattresses are superb.

• P D
    3 years ago

We have had our kaymed 14 yrs. Best purchase we ever made....we love

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH